The battle of subs vs dubs is never-ending, and people will prefer what they prefer. I fall in the subs category in this battle as I enjoy the original audio of a movie or TV-show. So, I watch non-regional content with subtitles turned on. Whether you prefer subtitles or turn-it on for your non-native languages even if you know it, subtitles are useful. And in this article, I am going to show you how to enable and customize subtitles on Amazon Prime Video for the best viewing experience.
Enable and Customize Subtitles on Amazon Prime Video
A good thing about Amazon Prime Video is that it offers both basic and advanced customization options. In this article, we will show the steps for both basic and advanced options. You can click on the links below to switch to the section you want:
- Basic Customization of Subtitles on Amazon Prime Video
- Advanced Customization of Subtitles on Amazon Prime Video
Basic Subtitles Customization on Amazon Prime Video
1. Play the movie or TV-show that you want to watch and click on the subtitle icon.
2. Here, you can choose the language of subtitles if multiple subtitle languages are supported. To customize subtitles, click on the “Subtitle Settings” option.
3. Here, you can select the size of the subtitles and different subtitles preset.
Note: We will learn more about customizing subtitles presets in the next section.
4. You can see the changes that you apply in the example below. Choose the one you want and then click on the “X” button to save changes.
Advanced Subtitles Customization on Amazon Prime Video
If you want more controls over your subtitle customization, you can use the advanced subtitle customization features. The best part is that you can save presets and switch between them on the fly.
1. Click on the Profile icon and then click on Account & Settings.
2. Now, click to open the “Subtitles” tab.
3. Here, you will see the Default preset along with three other subtitles presets under the “Your Presets” section.
4. Click on the “Edit” button below a preset to customize it.
5. As you can see in the screenshot below, there are quite a few options that you can change here. You can select color, size, font, look, and even the opacity of subtitles.
6. Once done with your customization, click on the “Save” button to save the changes.
You can customize and save three sets of presets and change between them using the subtitle icon when playing a video, as I showed in the first section of this article.
Get the Best Subtitle Viewing Experience on Amazon Prime Video
I like the Amazon Prime video’s approach of customizing subtitles more than the Netflix subtitle customization features. On Netflix, you can only have one-type of subtitle for one profile. On the Prime video, you can have four.