- WhatsApp for iOS is now getting the ability to create custom stickers and edit existing stickers.
- To create custom stickers, WhatsApp users need to tap on the sticker icon -> plus icon -> select image from camera roll -> edit sticker -> Send.
- The feature has been out for WhatsApp Web since 2021 and Android users have not received it yet.
WhatsApp is now rolling out the ability to create custom stickers for iOS users. Yes, you can finally create your very own stickers from images within the messaging app. Although this feature has been available on WhatsApp Web for some time now, the fact that you can finally do it on the mobile app itself is a great thing. However, it does not end there. WhatsApp users on iPhones can also edit and customize their existing stickers. So, without any further ado, let’s learn how you can make custom stickers on WhatsApp easily!
Make Your Own Stickers on WhatsApp
- Head to the WhatsApp app and open the chat you want to send a custom sticker to.
- Then, tap on the sticker icon that appears on the right of the message box.
- Now, you will see a big blue plus (+) icon alongside your recently used stickers. Tap on it.
- This will directly open your camera roll. Now, select the image that you want to use to make a sticker.
- As soon as you select the picture, WhatsApp will automatically create a cut out of it.
- Now, you can choose to add text, stickers, and emojis to further customize your sticker.
- Once done, press the send icon and your custom sticker will be sent to the recipient.
With that, you have successfully created your very first WhatsApp sticker. Now, you can tap on this sticker once sent and select “Add to Favorites” to save your masterpiece for future use!
Edit Existing Stickers on WhatsApp (iOS)
Now that you know how to create stickers on WhatsApp, you can easily edit an existing sticker or the sticker you have just created.
To do so, long press on any created sticker from WhatsApp’s sticker library and select the Edit Sticker option. This will allow you to customize the sticker to your heart’s content by adding text, emojis, and more. Then, all you have to do is press the send icon.
Moreover, if your friend sends a custom WhatsApp sticker, just tap on it to see the “Edit Sticker” option. Now, you can work your magic on the sticker you’ve just received and give your friend an amazing comeback. The best thing about the sticker creator in WhatsApp is that you can edit any sticker, be it from the native sticker library or the ones you create and receive.
And that’s how you send custom stickers on WhatsApp. Although the feature is only rolling out for iOS users currently, Android users should get it soon enough. Especially since features like the new text formatting tools are already on their way to the platform. Besides, once the feature rolls out for Android as well, it will be similar to the iOS version since the sticker panel placement is identical on the two.
Now, if you can’t see the big blue plus icon to create your own WhatsApp stickers that’s because you might not have updated the app to the latest version. Once you update your WhatsApp for iOS app, you will see it.
I also love how this removes your dependency on third-party sticker apps altogether. However, I do hope that WhatsApp allows us to manually cut out images to make stickers, like on the web version. Nevertheless, I’m pretty sure I’m going to have a field day with this feature and make stickers out of my friends’ pictures. What about you? Let me know in the comments below!