WhatsApp Stickers have arguably become the most-used way of expressing ourselves on the platform and WhatsApp seems to understand their importance. Hence, it has now introduced a new tool for you to create some custom stickers on its Web and Desktop apps. Using the custom sticker feature, you can let your creative juices flow and make conversing with people more fun. Check out the details of this cool new WhatsApp feature here.
WhatsApp Web Adds a Custom Sticker Maker Tool
The WhatsApp Web and Desktop app now have the feature using which you can create your custom stickers and send them to people with the click of a button. This functionality is available for all Windows and Mac users. You just need to ensure that you are using the latest version of WhatsApp Web or Desktop. The new feature comes in after it was recently spotted on WhatsApp Web’s beta version.
How to Create Custom WhatsApp Stickers
Using WhatsApp Web’s built-in Sticker Maker is simple. You need to follow a few simple steps, which we have detailed below, to get started with the sticker creation process. Let’s see how it works:
- Head to WhatsApp Web (website) and open a chat window you want to send the personalized sticker to.
- Tap the “Attachment” icon in the bottom left corner of the message box. Then, select the “Sticker” option.
- You will now be prompted to choose a photo you wish to convert into a sticker from your PC. Select the photo and click “Open” in the pop-up Explorer window.
- Now, WhatsApp Web will open the sticker maker UI, offering you access to a myriad of editing tools. You can choose to cut/ crop the image, rotate the image, add emoji, stickers, or text, and draw over the image. Check out the WhatsApp Web sticker maker tool in the screenshot below:
- Once you are satisifed with your edits, click the “Send” button at the bottom right corner to share your custom sticker in the chat window.
The feature is now live for WhatsApp Web users and will reach the Desktop app in the coming weeks, as confirmed by the messaging giant.
This new feature comes across as good news as people used to be reliant on third-party apps to create custom WhatsApp Stickers. However, there’s no word on whether or not the same will be extended to the messaging platform’s Android and iOS apps. If that happens, things can be really sorted, especially for people who send and receive stickers on a daily basis.
In related news, WhatsApp is planning to add a few other features, including the ability to change the audio playback speeds, the ability to delete sent messages after 7 days, and message reactions.