- LEGO Fortnite has three types of wolf claws, namely common claws, sand claws, and arctic claws.
- You need to defeat the wild wolf, sand wolf, or frost wolf using different weapons to obtain the claws.
- To defeat a wolf, you can use a knight shield and recurve bow, or lure them into attacking friendly animals.
Upgrading weapons or other tools requires a ton of different resources in LEGO Fortnite. One such resource you will require is the wolf claws, which you can get by slaying, well, the wolves. There are three different types of claws in LEGO Fortnite, each with its own benefits in crafting. These are the common/ wild wolf claw, sand claw, and the arctic claw. To make it easy for you, we have compiled a guide explaining how to get all types of wolf claws. With that said, let’s begin.
Get Wild Wolf Claws in LEGO Fortnite
The most common wolf claw is found in the grassland biome, and you can get it by slaying wild wolves in the game. The wild wolves are black and grey colored. You will generally spawn in the grasslands when you start the game, so you will easily come across this animal in LEGO Fortnite.
Once you spot them, slay them by using any of the LEGO Fortnite weapons. Upon defeat, they will drop 4 wolf claws, which you can collect by pressing the Interact button (E on PC, Square on PS, X on Xbox).
Get Sand Claws in LEGO Fortnite
To obtain sand claws in LEGO Fortnite, you will have to explore the game further and travel to the Dry Valley (or desert biome). In the desert biome, find areas covered with sandy mountains as the sand wolves spawn there.
The sand wolves are hard to spot from a distance because of their sandy color, so make sure you keep an ear out for howling sounds. Furthermore, you can get to higher ground to look for multiple wolves before preparing for an attack.
You can defeat the sand wolves using the weapons in hand and obtain sand claws from them. As there are not many friendly animals down south in the LEGO Fortnite world, you cannot distract wolves with them. Prepare to fight alone and fight hard.
Once the sand wolves are defeated, they will drop 4 pieces of sand claws. To collect the claws, press the Interact button (E on PC, Square on PS, and X on Xbox).
Get Arctic Claws in LEGO Fortnite
Similar to frost shells, arctic claws are also hard to find and obtain in LEGO Fortnite. First, you will have to take a trip up to the northern region of the map. Make sure you carry some warming charms or at least some spicy pepper. It can be daunting to survive the extreme cold temperatures of LEGO Fortnite.
Near the mountains covered in snow, you will locate the frost wolves. They are easy to spot as they have sky-blue-colored skin, which stands out.
The issue with a frost wolf is its speed and damage. So, as soon as you encounter one, prepare your knight shield. Rely on your shield and sword to defeat tanky, frosty monsters.
Once you defeat a frost wolf, press the Interact button (E on PC, Square on PS, and X on Xbox) to collect 4 pieces of arctic claws.
Note: You might also find different wolf claws in treasure chests around the LEGO Fortnite world. The rarity of the chest defines if you will get wolf claw, sand claw, or the arctic claw. However, there’s no guarantee that you will receive them in every chest.
How to Beat Wolves in LEGO Fortnite
Wolves are one of the easiest creatures to defeat in LEGO Fortnite. However, they can be really fast, and depending on their rarity, such as sand or frost, they can deal more damage than the grassland variant. Though it sounds difficult, we have some best tips for you to defeat a wolf in LEGO Fortnite.
- The first thing you will have to craft is a recurve crossbow and some arrows. Given the wolf can only attack from close quarters, you can maintain a safe distance and damage it with your arrows. Keep your dodge button (Left Ctrl on PC, L1/ LB on consoles) closer in case the wolf runs towards you.
- If you are fighting a faster wolf like the frost variant, the crossbow will be harder to shoot. In such a case, prepare your knight shield and defend when the wolf plunges towards you. Once they attack, it takes some time to refresh their attack. Use this window to deal damage to them.
- The final tip I have to share is a common thing you might miss. The wolves are distracted by friendly animals like sheep, chickens, cows, or rams (frost area). Once you encounter such a situation, bring out your recurve crossbow and take advantage of the situation. This will help you deal a lot of damage to the wolf while it is distracted.
And that is how you can get all types of claws in LEGO Fortnite. What is going to be the first tool you will upgrade or craft with these new claws? Tell us in the comments below.