- There are three types of shells in LEGO Fortnite, including stone shell, sand shell, and frost shell.
- You can defeat the stone roller, sand roller, and frost roller using different weapons to obtain the shells.
- To defeat a roller, you can use a knight shield and other weapons, or lure them into water for an instant kill.
One of the important features of LEGO Fortnite is the health bar and weather conditions. To fight that, you will need some charms and totems. However, you will first need to obtain shells in LEGO Fortnite to craft charms and totems. The three types of shells in the game right now are the stone, sand, and frost versions. Learn everything you need to know about shells in LEGO Fortnite and the steps for how to get them in this guide.
Get Stone Shells in LEGO Fortnite
When you start playing LEGO Fortnite, you will usually spawn near the grassland biome. This is the biome where you will find stone shells. You can get a stone shell by defeating the grassland/ stone roller. These rollers look like a stone under the grass with some green flowers on their head.
Once you spot them on the ground, you will need to defeat them by using any of the LEGO Fortnite weapons. Upon defeat, they will drop a shell that you can collect by pressing the interact button (E on PC, Square on PS, X on Xbox). The stone rollers are a common variant, so finding them around the map will be easy.
Get Sand Shells in LEGO Fortnite
To obtain sand shells in LEGO Fortnite, you will have to explore the game and find the sand/ desert biome. In those dry lands, you will have to look for water bodies such as ponds or lakes.
Once you find a pond or lake in the desert biome, roam around until you encounter a yellow-colored sand roller.
You can defeat them using the weapons in hand and obtain sand shells from them. Once defeated, they will drop a stack of sand shells. To collect sand shells, press the interact button (E on PC, Square on PS, X on Xbox).
Get Frost Shells in LEGO Fortnite
The hardest and rarest shell to find in LEGO Fortnite is the frost shell. To find the frost shell, you have to take a trip to the northern side of your map. Once in the snowy lands, look for frosty white snow lying around the ground. Most of the time, if you are close enough, the frost rollers will find you instead.
Unlike other rollers, they will be harder to kill. The frost rollers have the most health points and deal devastating damage. They also throw damaging objects at you if you are at a distance from them. So, make sure you are prepared to fight these snowy creatures.
Once you defeat one frost roller, press the interact button (E on PC, Square on PS, and X on Xbox) to collect the frost shell.
Note:You might also find these shell in treasure chest around the LEGO Fortnite map. The rarity of the chest defines if you will get stone shell, sand shell, or the frost shell. However, there is no guarantee that you will recieve them in every chest.
How to Beat Rollers in LEGO Fortnite
Finding and beating rollers can seem a bit hard if you do not know the proper methods. Rollers are one of the toughest creatures in LEGO Fortnite that you have to fight. This might get you killed by them and lose the items in your backpack. That is why we have some tips that can help you beat the rollers with ease in LEGO Fortnite.
- One of the first things you should do is craft an uncommon or higher rarity longsword using the crafting bench. This will help you combat the rollers with a swing or two. Moreover, you can craft a recurve bow. However, the bow needs higher accuracy and might take a longer time to defeat the rolling demons.
- A must-have tool to fight the rollers is the knight shield. You can get any rarity of knight shield from the crafting bench. Once you have a knight shield, drag it to the offhand section from your inventory.
- Once a roller approaches you, hold your alternate fire button (Right mouse button on PC, L2/ LT on consoles). This will block any incoming damage from the common rolling attack of the roller. After their attack is blocked, they will flip upside down and stay in a stunned situation. During this period, you can hit the roller and deal maximum damage.
- A bonus tip I must add is that if you are near water, just let them roll toward you. Once they are close enough, press the dodge button (Left Ctrl on PC, L1/ LB on consoles). If you can make the rollers roll into water, they will die instantly upon water contact. This can save you a lot of time combating the rolling creatures.
That was all about how you can find and obtain shells in LEGO Fortnite. What is going to be the first thing you will craft with the new shells? Tell us in the comments.