Every new release of macOS breaks some apps which are not updated to work with the latest version. The same has happened after the release of macOS Mojave and while there are many apps which Mojave broke, the one that seems to affect a large number of macOS users is BlueStacks. A lot of people have been complaining online about the fact that the BlueStacks Android emulator just does not work on their macOS Mojave systems. Well, if you are someone who had been using BlueStacks on your Mac until macOS Mojave came along, we will tell you what you can do but before that, here’s why BlueStacks is not working on macOS Mojave:
Why BlueStacks is Not Working on macOS Mojave?
The reason why BlueStacks is not working on macOS Mojave is pretty simple. Every new macOS update comes with a lot of underlying changes and app developers need to update their apps to work with the new operating system. Whenever you update your Mac to a new version, all the incompatible software is placed in an “Incompatible Software” folder which is later retrieved when the app is updated to support the new version of macOS. Since BlueStacks has not been updated to support the macOS Mojave, it will not work on it even if you reinstall the app a hundred times.
BlueStacks Not Working on macOS Mojave: What Can You Do?
We have been trying to get Buestacks to work on the macOS Mojave for the last couple of days, however, all our attempts were thwarted by the new operating system. That’s why we can say with a certainty that unless BlueStacks is updated to support the new operating system, it won’t work on macOS Mojave.
The only option you are left with is to try BlueStacks alternatives and use it until the former gets updated. We tried various BlueStacks alternatives and the one that we recommend is called Genymotion. While this is a paid product for developers, it is free for personal use, so you won’t have to pay anything to use this app:
Using Genymotion on macOS Mojave
To use Genymotion on macO Mojave, you will have to install two different pieces of software. The process is a little a bit long, however, the app works flawlessly after being installed properly. So, whenever you are ready, follow the steps to get it working on your Mac:
- To get Genymotion working on your Mac, first, download and install VirtualBox (version 5.2.18).
- Now, click here to download the personal version of Genymotion. You will need to create an account and use it later during installation, so, use a real email ID.
- After you have downloaded the DMG file, double-click on it to install it on your system. Grant any permission as asked by the app during the installation process.
- Once installed, launch the app and sign in with your Genymotion account to get access to a virtual Android device. You can choose any device that you want from the list, I chose the Google Pixel 2 XL for this tutorial.
- After your virtual device has been created, click on the “Start” button to launch the Android Emulator.
- Once the emulator is launched, you will see that all the Google apps including the Play Store are missing. To install Google apps, click on the “Open GAPPS” button on the top right corner. This will download and install the Play Store. Do note that download might crash in the middle. It generally takes a few times before it is successfully installed so don’t worry.
- Now all you need to do is to launch the Play Store and log in with your Google account to download your favorite games.
Well, if you don’t want to use Genymotion, there are a lot of other great Bluestacks alternatives you can check out. However, if you are a hardcore BlueStacks user and don’t want to use any other alternative, you will have to wait for an update from the developers.