- Knotroot rod helps you build a Grain mill, upgrade the village, and get upgraded tools like uncommon pickaxe or epic forest axe.
- To make knotroot rods in LEGO Fortnite, you will need to find knotroot in nearby caves and build a Lumber mill to craft it.
- Once you unlock the crafting recipe, you also get the option to assign villagers the job to make knotroot rods for you.
Knotroot rods are one of the most important early-game resources that help you upgrade the village and craft strong tools in your LEGO Fortnite adventure. You can even make an uncommon pickaxe using the knotroot rods, and it will help you break marble stones. Apart from that, the knotroot rod also helps you build Grain Mills, craft an Epic forest axe, and do so much more. So, without wasting any time, let us learn how you can get knotroot rods in LEGO Fortnite.
Make Knotroot Rods in LEGO Fortnite
Let’s start by making the rods ourselves. To make knotroot rods in the game, you will need to find knotroots to make them. Apart from that, you will need some resources like wood and granite to build a Lumber Mill. Follow the steps below to learn how to make the knotroot rods.
Find Knotroot & Build a Lumber Mill
You cannot make knotroot rods without finding knotroots. The knotroots are found only in the caves of LEGO Fortnite. You can then build an uncommon forest axe to farm the knotroots. Grab some weapons and a knight shield before you go knotroot farming.
Once you gather up the knotroots, you will need another thing before you make the knotroot rods. To make resources like knotroot rods or planks, you must build a Lumber Mill. So, after you find the knotroots, build that first.
To build a Lumber Mill, you need 8 wood and 15 granite. Once you have the resources, press the Build button (Q on PC, Circle on PS, and B on Xbox). Select the white machine with a big cog wheel in the middle and place it on the ground.
Now that you have built a Lumber Mill and collected knotroot from the caves, it’s time to move on.
Make Knotroot Rods in LEGO Fortnite
Making the knotroot rod is easy once you have the above resources and a Lumber Mill. Remember that one knotroot gives one knotroot rod. Here are the steps to make knotroot rods using the Lumber Mill:
- First, look at the Lumber Mill and press the Interact button (E on PC, Square on PS, and X on Xbox).
- Select the knotroot rod recipe and click the interact button to Assign the recipe. If you have another recipe selected, the interact button will change the recipe.
- Once the knotroot rod recipe is selected, click on quick deposit to input the ingredients. Press the + button (D-pad on consoles) to increase the amount of knotroot you want to use.
- Finally, after the processing is done, click the Take option (W on PC, Y on Xbox, and Triangle on PS4/5).
Get Knotroot Rods from Villagers
Another cool way to get knotroot rods without going into the caves multiple times is by assigning the job to the villagers. However, before you ask a villager for a job to get knotroot rods, you will need to unlock the recipe in your Lumber Mill.
So, ensure you’ve built a Lumber Mill and found knotroot in the caves of LEGO Fortnite first. Once you do that, you will be able to ask your villagers to get knotroot rods while you do some other work. This method will save you a lot of time in the game. To get started, follow the steps below:
Assign Resource Job
- Go to any of your recruited villagers and click the Interact button (E on PC, Square/ X on consoles).
- Now, select the ‘Let’s talk jobs! ‘option from the chat menu.
- After that, select the ‘Help the village!‘ option.
- From the next prompt, select ‘Resource Jobs,’ and finally, select ‘Refine Wood!’
Collect Knotroot Rods
Once you ask a villager to work on refining wood, they will take time to work and produce the needed resources. It can take up to one in-game day (30 minutes) in LEGO Fortnite’s day and night cycle. To collect the knotroot rods from the villagers, follow the steps below:
- First, go to the same villager again and click the Interact button.
- Now, select the ‘How’s your job?’ option from the chat prompt.
- Next, you will see the resources you can get from that villager. Select the Get Knotroot Rod option to receive it in your inventory.
And that’s how easy it is to get knotroot rods in LEGO Fortnite. Now, go ahead and upgrade your tools & village with them in the game. Have any doubts? Ask them in the comments below!