- Planks are easy-to-make items in LEGO Fortnite, as they only require wood.
- You can make planks using a Lumber Mill or assign villagers to make them.
- Planks help you build chests, upgrade tools, and craft other utilities in the early stages of LEGO Fortnite.
Planks are one of the first craftable items in LEGO Fortnite that will help you build many important early-game items. One of the key items you can make using planks is storage chests. Moreover, you can upgrade buildings and tools with planks. That said, let’s look at two easy methods to get planks in LEGO Fortnite.
Make Planks in LEGO Fortnite
One of the first things you can do after you start playing LEGO Fortnite is punch down bushes and small trees to gather wood. You can also roam around and gather granites that will be required for building the Lumber Mill.
Build a Lumber Mill
To build a lumber mill, you will need 8 woods and 15 granites. Once you have enough resources, press the build button (Q on PC, Circle on PS, and B on Xbox). Select the white machine with a big cog wheel in the middle and place it on the ground.
Make Planks in Lumber Mill
Once you build the lumber mill, follow the steps below to learn how to make planks in them:
- First, look towards the Lumber Mill and press the interact button (E on PC, Square/ X on consoles).
- Now, select the plank recipe and click the interact button to change the recipe.
- Once the plank recipe is selected, click on quick deposit to input the ingredients. Press the + button (D-pad on consoles) to increase the amount of wood you want to use. Remember that one wood gives one plank.
- Finally, after the processing is done, click the Take option (W on PC, Y on Xbox, and Triangle on PS4/5).
Get Planks from Villagers
Apart from making things yourself, why not share the work, right? Well, you can do that, thanks to the villager companions in LEGO Fortnite. You can assign jobs to the villagers and claim planks or other rewards from them.
Assign a Job
To assign jobs to get planks, follow the steps below:
- Go to any of your recruited villagers and click the interact button (E on PC, Square/ X on consoles).
- Now, select the Let’s talk jobs! option from the chat menu.
- After that, select the Help the village option.
- From the next prompt, select Resource Jobs, and finally, select the Refine Wood! option.
Get Resource Rewards
Once you ask a villager to work on refining woods, they will take some time to work and produce the resources you need. It can take up to one in-game day, which can be around 30 minutes in real time. To collect the resource rewards from the villagers, follow the steps below:
- First, go to the same villager you assigned the refine woods job and click the interact button (E on PC and Square/ X on consoles).
- Now, select the How’s your job? option from the chat prompt.
- Finally, you will see the resources you can get from that villager. Select the Get Plank option to receive planks in your inventory.
That was everything you should know about planks in LEGO Fortnite. Let us know in the comments which method you like better to get planks. The villagers will also give you knotroot rods in resource rewards if you farm knotroots in LEGO Fortnite and unlock them in your lumber mill.