With new news content and blog articles being published every minute, it’s impossible to keep up with all the news. And if your job depends on keeping an eye on the live news data feed to discover trends and highlights, you need to make the impossible, possible. That’s where Mediastack REST API can help you. The API lets you tap into the world of live news data feeds, discover trends & headlines, monitor brands, and access breaking news events around the world. In this article, we are going to take a quick look at the service and tell you all about it.
Mediastack REST API: Key Features and Benefits
The Mediastack API is a powerful REST API that lets you feed the latest and most popular news articles directly into your website or app. You can use this power your news aggregator service or use it to discover trends and highlights, so you always make an informed decision. The API gives you access to Global News, thus allowing you to keep an eye on the global trends.
With Mediastack REST API, you don’t have to keep an eye on hundreds of publishers individually. It will deliver the news in your feed from all the sources without you having to do anything. Here are the main features that you can expect from the service if you choose to use it:
- Get access to more than 7500 international news publishers and blogs from across 50 countries in 13 different languages.
- Keep on top of breaking news with the latest news updates coming every minute.
- The data is delivered in a structured and readable format.
- Get data from all the popular and renowned news sources like the NY Times, CNN, MSNBC, ESPN, Euro News, BBC, Guardian, Al Jazeera, and more.
- The REST API is built upon scalable API layer cloud infrastructure and delivers news results in a lightweight and easy-to-use JSON format.
- Apart from accessing real-time news data, you also get access to historical news data.
- Secure Data Delivery: The Mediastack REST API delivers data using 256-bit HTTPS (SSL) encryption.
- The API supports multiple programming languages, including JSON, XML, GeoJSON, and more.
- Specify Your News Sources: The API lets you specify your news sources, so you are not bombarded with irrelevant news.
- If you don’t want to select news sources, but still want to decrease the amount of useless data, Mediastack API has you covered. It allows you to filter news by categories, countries, languages, and keywords.
- Beginner Friendly: Mediastack API comes with clear and beginner-friendly documentation. Anyone can get started within minutes without any hassle.
- Get Started for Free: There’s a generous free plan to get anyone started without paying a dime.
As you can see, Mediastack brings all the features that you may require from such a service. My favorite thing about Mediastack is the ease of use. It’s so easy to set up that anyone can do it. Even if you don’t possess a shred of coding language, you will be able to set up the Mediastack REST API. Another good thing about the Mediastack REST API is its pricing. The pricing makes it affordable to most users, even if you don’t own a big company. We will discuss it next.
Pricing and Availability
Mediastack has offers a pricing strategy based on API usage. That means, if you don’t need to hit millions of API calls every month, you can get it for an affordable price. The service even offers a free plan that doesn’t require you to enter a credit card or any other payment information. That means you can check it out without committing to anything.
The free version gives you access to 500 API calls every month and doesn’t put a restriction on data sources. So you can aggregate news data from all the sources just like a paid customer. However, it does comes with several other restrictions. First and foremost, you cannot use the free plan for commercial purposes. Also, there’s no HTTPS encryption in the free plan.
If you want these features, you can go with the Standard plan that costs $24.99 per month ($19.99/month if billed annually). In this plan, you get 10,000 API calls/month and all the other features like HTTPS encryption, access to historical data, and more. If you need to make more API calls, you can go with the Professional plan that costs $99.99 per month ($79.99/month if billed annually). You get everything in the standard plan, along with the ability to make 50,000 API calls per month.
Finally, there’s the Business plan that lets you make 250,000 news requests per month. The plan is going to cost you $249.99 per month ($199.99 if billed yearly). If none of these plans meet your needs, you can also approach the company to get a custom plan created just for you. Click on the link below to get your custom quote.
Mediastack REST API: Get Fast and Reliable Global News Data
If you need an API that lets you aggregate data from thousands of news sources so that you can keep an eye on the global trends and make informed decisions, the Mediastack REST API is just for you. With easy setup, reasonable pricing, and fast performance, it will fulfill all your requirements. So, click on the above link and check it out.