Kodi is not just popular for its addons that allow you to watch live TV, movies, etc., but also because it lets you manage your media, and it’s available on a number of platforms and hardware devices. Apart from popular platforms like Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows, Kodi can also be used in Amazon Fire TV Stick. This is great as it allows users to use Kodi on a bigger screen. If you own an Amazon Fire TV Stick, you can install Kodi and enjoy endless content at your fingertips. So without any delay, let’s go ahead and learn how to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick in 2021.
Install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick (Updated January 2021)
Here, we have mentioned a tried and tested method that allows you to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick flawlessly. We are basically going to sideload the Android APK of Kodi on Fire TV Stick. So on that note, let’s begin with the steps.
Transfer the Kodi APK to Fire TV Stick
1. First of all download the Kodi APK file from the official website on your Android phone. If you are confused about which option to choose then here is the thumb rule. Most of the Fire TV Sticks are built on 32-bit architecture, even the latest ones. So choose 32-bit. In case, that does not work, go with 64-bit.
2. Now, come back to Fire TV Stick and press the “Alexa” button on the remote and say “Send Files to TV “. Click on “Get” to install the app.
3. Next, on your Android phone and install the same Send Files to TV (Free, offers in-app purchases) app from the Google Play Store. Open it and tap on “Send”. Now, select the downloaded Kodi APK on your device.
4. SFTTV app will itself detect Amazon Fire TV Stick in your network. Just tap on it and the Kodi APK will be transferred to Amazon Fire TV Stick within seconds. Keep in mind, both Fire TV Stick and your Android device should be connected to the same WiFi network.
5. After a successful transfer, you will see something like this on your Fire TV Stick. Now you can exit the app.
Installing Kodi APK on Fire TV Stick
1. Now that you have transferred the Kodi APK to the Fire TV Stick, let’s go ahead and install it. Press and hold the “Alexa” button on the remote and say “Total Commander app“. It will take you to the installation page. Click on “Get” to install it.
2. Once it’s installed, open Total Commander and locate the APK. It should be available in the Download folder.
3. Now, click on it and install the app.
4. On the next page, you will have to allow Total Commander to “Install Unknown Apps“.
5. On the next page, again select “Install”. It will take some time to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick so keep patience.
6. After the installation is complete, select “Open”.
7. Finally, you can enjoy Kodi on your Amazon Fire TV Stick without any limitation.
8. You can access Kodi from Appstore -> All Your Apps. Note that some apps might not show the correct icon.
How to Update Kodi on Fire TV Stick
As we went through the steps to install Kodi, we can see the process is a bit lengthy but it’s easy nonetheless. Similarly, to update Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick, you will have to follow the same process. As there is no official channel to update Kodi, you will have to download the latest APK every time and install it on top of the existing Kodi setup.
Install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick and Enjoy Endless Content
So that ends our article on how to install and update Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick. You can go through the instructions step by step and you will be able to run it without any issues. Do note that we have not used any third-party installer or app store to install Kodi. So there are absolutely no chances of modifying the Kodi APK file and hence the installation process is entirely malware-free.
In case, you are a beginner, you can go through our explainer on how to use Kodi like a pro. Anyway, if you are facing any issues then do let us know in the comment section below. We will be happy to help you out.