- To make a flower pot in Minecraft, you only will need three bricks and a crafting table.
- As for the crafting recipe, place the bricks in a V shape on the crafting table to get a flower pot.
- You can also find flower pots in structures like witch huts, woodland mansions, and villages, and use them as decorative blocks.
Once you create your house build in Minecraft, it’s time to give it character and life. That’s achieved by adding various decorative blocks, one of which is the flower pot. Apart from flowers, you can also put numerous other blocks inside them, which just makes this block more versatile. We’ve dedicated a whole guide to teaching you how to make a flower pot and also how you can use it in Minecraft. So, without any further delay, let’s start.
Items You Need to Make a Flower Pot
To make a single flower pot in Minecraft, you will need only 3 pieces of bricks and a crafting table.
If you need help with making a crafting table, you can follow our guide linked above, where we’ve explained the process in detail. When it comes to the bricks, you can obtain them by smelting clay balls in a Minecraft furnace.
To get clay balls, you can break the clay blocks without a silk touch Minecraft enchantment. Clay is generated in bodies of water throughout your world and in large quantities in the lush caves biome in Minecraft. Our guide about the furnace will also help you choose the fuel you want to use.
You may also get the bricks from trading with Mason villagers. It’s a bit more complicated, though, since they require emeralds. However, it’s a better way of acquiring bricks in bulk in the long run.
How to Craft a Flower Pot in Minecraft
Now that you’ve got everything you need, let’s look at the crafting recipe for the flower pot:
- First, select the crafting table in your hotbar and place it in your world by right-clicking on the ground.
- Then, right-click the crafting table block and its UI will open up showing you a 3 x 3 grid.
- To craft a flower pot, you first place one brick in the central slot of the first column.
- Then, place the second brick in the bottommost slot of the second column.
- Finally, place the third brick in the central slot of the third column.
Note: When crafting a flower pot, you can also move the whole brick placement one slot up, and it won’t change the output.
- As soon as you place the items in the right configuration, you will see a flower pot appear in the result slot on the right.
- You can just left-click on the item and move it from the crafting table to your inventory.
Where to Find a Flower Pot in Your World
Crafting is not the only way you can get flower pots, you can stumble upon them while exploring the world in your Minecraft seed. So, you can find a flower pot in block form in the following places:
- Witch Huts (swamp biomes)
- Basements of Igloos (snowy plains, snowy taiga, and snowy slopes biomes)
- Woodland Mansions (dark forest biomes)
- Villages (plains, savanna, desert, and taiga biomes)
Furthermore, you don’t need a specific tool to collect the flower pots, since they can be broken with hand. It’ll then drop itself, and a plant it’s holding in the item form separately. However, apart from finding a flower pot as a block placed in the world, you can also find it as an item in:
- Chests inside Mason buildings in Villages
- Suspicious Gravel Blocks in Trail Ruins (using a brush on this block has a chance to reveal a flower pot)
Use Flower Pots to Decorate Minecraft Houses
The main and only use of the flower pots is for decoration. When placed in the pot, plants turn into neat small blocks, with no hitboxes. This way, they become just visual additions to the surroundings. Let’s go over some of the tips and tricks for decorating your house with flower pots.
- One of the most frequently used tricks with this block is placing a dead bush in it, which you’ll then place a leaf block on top of. This simple design will create a house plant that you can make taller or wider by adding more leaves.
- Flowering azalea leaves are one of the best choices as they have a beautiful green color that doesn’t change depending on the biome, and of course, have tiny flowers in the texture.
- Flower pots also let you enjoy some blocks without having to worry about their properties. For example – cacti and wither roses don’t deal any damage while in the flower pot. This allows you to have them as storytelling detail, without any risks. Moreover, none of your silly villagers, as they aren’t as smart as LEGO Fortnite villagers, can die from walking into one of these blocks over and over again.
- In addition, flower pots with no plant inside them can actually look like mugs of some sort. So placing them in the kitchen or near a player-made water well serves another purpose.
So, there you have it. Now you know how to make and use flower pots in Minecraft. Although they are small and simple, the game could really benefit from more decorative blocks like this. With that said, where are you going to put flower pots in your house build? What plants do you like the most in them? Tell us in the comments below!
No, you cannot. There is only the default flower pot available in the game and it has the same color as the brick item.
Sadly, you cannot put leaves in the flower pots in Minecraft.