Minecraft can be overwhelming when you are just getting started. But thankfully, the game has a number of easy-to-use tools that really give you an edge. One of them is the Crafting Tables. While you can use your inventory to craft basic items in Minecraft, a Crafting Table gives you a 3 x 3 grid to build advanced items in this sandbox game. So, we will teach you how to make a Crating table and all you can do with it in this article. This tutorial can be used on Minecraft Java and Bedrock editions in the same manner. However, if you want something a little more powerful, turn your attention to one of the amazing Minecraft mods listed here.
Make a Crafting Table in Minecraft (2022)
A Crafting Table is the most basic creation tool in Minecraft. You can use it to make everything from armors and weapons to machines and even blocks to decorate your in-game houses. It’s one of the most used items in Minecraft, and crafting it is easy. But before that, you will need to have some basic ingredients. So without further ado, let’s dive in!
Requirements: Materials Needed to Build a Crafting Table
The only requirement to make a crafting table in Minecraft is wooden blocks. You can use wooden blocks to make wooden planks, which you can then convert into a crafting table.
1. To get a wooden block, well, you need to punch a tree trunk in the game. Usually, it’s assigned to the left click or action button in your game on PC. Later, once you get an ax, you can get it done faster than usual. Initially, it will take about 8 seconds to break the wooden block without any tools.
2. Then, move close to the fallen wooden block to collect it. You can press “E” to check if the block is in your inventory or not.
3. In the inventory box, place the wooden block in the Crafting area. You can do it by clicking on the block and then clicking on an empty block in the Crafting area. Doing so will move the wooden block into the Crafting area and give you 4 Wooden Planks. You can then click to select the wooden planks and move them to an empty spot in your inventory.
Whenever you move something in your Minecraft Inventory, clicking on a block will make it disappear. And clicking on any empty slot means that the selected item will get moved to that slot.
You might have noticed that the crafting area in your inventory is just a 2 by 2 square grid. The game will require a 3 by 3 grid for more advanced game creations, as mentioned above, and that’s exactly what a Crafting Table offers.
The Recipe: Making a Minecraft Crafting Table
Now, four wooden planks are all that you need to build a Crafting Table in this game. Now is the time to create one of the most useful and essential items in the entire world of Minecraft. Some people even call the crafting table a Workbench. With that said, let’s look at the step-by-step process to make a Minecraft crafting table:
1. First, press “E” to open your inventory options. Make sure you have 4 wooden planks present in your inventory.
2. Then, click on the wooden planks to select them and place one wooden plank in each block of the Crafting area, as shown in the image below. Distributing the wooden planks this way will preview a crafting table as the output in the box to the right.
3. Now, click on the newly created Crafting Table. You can now place it in the bottom-most row of your inventory. It is the one that’s readily usable while playing the game.
Place Crafting Table in Your Minecraft World
Now that you have made a Crafting table, we will teach you how to place it anywhere in your Minecraft world and get started with using it to craft more advanced items. Follow the steps below:
1. First, you need to select the Crafting table from your inventory to place it anywhere. You can either scroll to select the crafting table from your essential items list or press keys 1-9 to make the selection. When selected a thick white outline appears around the selected item. In this case, the crafting table.
2. With the Crafting table selected, right-click on any nearby area to place the Crafting Table. And that’s it! You have successfully made and placed an essential tool in your Minecraft world.
How to Use a Crafting Table in Minecraft
You can right-click on the Crafting Table to start using it. You will now notice a 3 x 3 square grid where you can place specific items to create in-game recipes for Minecraft. That’s all you need to know to build and use a Crafting Table in Minecraft.
Make and Use a Crafting Table in Minecraft with Ease
Now that you know how to build a Crafting table in Minecraft, it’s time to start making the best stuff in your world. Next, you can install Forge to use mods in Minecraft and take your Minecraft creations to the next level. While you are at it, we also suggest you install Optifine in Minecraft to boost your game’s performance and improve the graphics. That all for now! So build yourself a Crafting Table right away and get crafty with it.