- Polymer is an important resource to unlock high-damage weapons like double-barrel shotguns, handguns, etc., and advanced tools.
- To make Polymer, you need to unlock it from the technology tree on level 33 and gather some High-Quality Pal Oil.
- Unlock and use the Production Assembly Line in Palworld to convert High Quality Pal Oil into Polymer.
Palworld lets you unlock some of the most powerful weapons as you reach the advanced stages of the game. However, you also need late-game resources to craft the weapons. Polymer is one such advanced resource that can help you craft multiple powerful guns such as double-barrel shotguns, handguns, pump-action shotguns, rocket launchers, and assault rifles, among other things. You’ll also be able to make tools like Production Assembly Line 2 using polymer in Palworld. Thankfully, you can make polymer simply after a certain level. So, without further ado, let’s learn how to craft polymer in Palworld.
Unlock Polymer and Production Assembly Line
Before you can craft Polymer in Palworld, you need to unlock this item in your technology tree. You can unlock polymer using two technology points once you reach level 33. However, just unlocking polymer will not allow you to have it.
To make polymer, you will need the Production Assembly Line. To unlock the Production Assembly Line, open the technology tree and spend two points on it after you hit level 28.
Steps to Craft Polymer in Palworld
Once you unlock the Polymer and Production Assembly Line from the technology tree, follow these steps to learn how to make Polymer.
1. Find High-Quality Pal Oil
To craft Polymer, you will need High-Quality Pal Oil. There are several ways to get High-Quality Pal Oil in Palworld. You can find Wandering Merchants roaming on the island or in human settlements to buy it for 300 gold per jar.
However, there is another way to farm High-Quality Pal Oil. For that, you will need to defeat certain Pals in Palworld. Here is a list of Pals that are guaranteed to drop High-Quality Pal Oil:
- Ephidran Aqua
- Relaxaurus Lux
- Jormuntide Ignis
2. Build a Production Assembly Line
Now, you must make the Production Assembly Line where you need to craft the polymer. Once you have unlocked it, you’ll need 100 Ingots, 50 Wood, 20 Nails, and 10 Cement. After gathering these resources, follow the steps below to build a Production Assembly Line:
- First, click the Building button (B on PC, Up D-pad on Xbox) to open the building menu and select the Production Assembly Line.
- Now, place the Production Assembly Line on the ground, press the Build button (F on PC, X on Xbox), and hold to complete it.
- If you have caught Pals with handiwork traits like Anubis at the base, the building process will be much faster.
3. Craft Polymer
Note: To run the Production Assembly Line and craft something in it, you will need electricity. Make sure you have a Power Generator in your base. You will also need an electric type Pal running the generator to generate electricity.
After your Production Assembly Line is up and running, you can make the Polymer using the High-Quality Pal Oil. To do so:
- First, click the Select Recipe button (F on PC, X on Xbox) and select the Polymer from the menu.
- Now, click on Start Production, hold the Work button (F on PC, X on Xbox), and then press the Acquire button (F on PC, X on Xbox).
- Make sure you assign the job a Pal to make the work efficient and fast. Make Polymer from two jars of High-Quality Pal Oil.
And that is how you can make polymer in your world. As this is the only option, it is always good to make them in bulk and store them in your storage boxes at the base. What is the first thing you will do using the polymer? Let us know in the comments below.