Reliance Jio has launched a new ‘zero-touch’ plan for its postpaid subscribers at Rs. 199 per cycle, and comes with special benefits specifically for international voice and data services.
The Rs. 199 plan offers 25GB of 4G data per month, in addition to benefits such as free voice calls, unlimited messages and free subscription to all premium Jio services. Moreover, no security deposit will be taken for access to ISD calls, and it also comes with the facility of one-click international roaming activation.
Jio states that all postpaid services such as mobile data, voice calls, SMS and international calling will come pre-activated with the new Rs. 199 pack. Reliance Jio claims that the new postpaid plan provides ‘India’s first zero-touch service experience’ as users don’t have to call the customer care and get international services activated on their device every time they go abroad.
The new postpaid plan significantly brings down the rates of international calling for nearly every country in the world. Listed below are the international voice call rates offered by the new postpaid plan:
- 50 Paise/minute: USA and Canada
- Rs. 2/minute: Bangladesh, China, France, Italy, New Zealand, Singapore, and the UK
- Rs. 3/minute: Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Turkey
- Rs. 4/minute: Australia, Bahrain, Pakistan, and Thailand
- Rs. 5/minute: Germany, Ireland, Japan, Kuwait, Russia, and Vietnam
- Rs. 6/minute: Israel, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, UAE, and Uzbekistan
Additionally, Reliance Jio has also launched three other postpaid plans worth Rs. 575, Rs. 2,875 and Rs. 5,751 for international roaming. The Rs. 575 plan offers unlimited voice, SMS and data benefits. This plan offers unlimited local calls in overseas locations as well as calls to India, and comes with a validity of a single day. The Rs. 2,875 and Rs. 5,751 plans offer the same benefits, but offer a higher validity of 7 and 30 days .