Yesterday, Rohit Sharma played one of the finest innings in an ODI. Not only did he become the highest scorer in ODIs with 264 runs, some pretty amazing facts were too made yesterday we believe you aren’t aware of till now.
Here are 8 interesting facts that are bound to give you goose-bums:-
1. If Rohit Sharma was a country he’d have won the 1983, 1987, 1992, 1996 and 1999 World Cup finals.
2. The last time Rohit scored a double century, Kohli was run-out when Rohit slipped. This time too! Kohli was run out when Rohit made a double century.
3. Rohit Sharma reached 250 from 200 in just 15 balls, enough to make him the fastest fifty-getter in the ODIs.
4. When Sachin Tendulkar scored 200 runs India went on to win match by 153 runs, Sehwag’s 219 also handed India a 153-run win and now Rohit Sharma’s record breaking 264 also gave India a 153-run win.
Mother of co-incidence!
5. On both the occasions when Rohit scored his double tons Sundaram Ravi was one of the umpires and Anil Chaudhary was the TV umpire.
6. When Rohit scored 209 in Bangalore Wicket-keeper (MS Dhoni) was at the other end. When Rohit scored 264 in Kolkata Wicket-keeper (Robin Uthappa) was at the other end.
7. Rohit Sharma faced 173 balls for his 264 (50 Overs). Sunil Gavaskar faced 174 balls for his 36* (60 overs).
8. The last time Rohit scored a double century, it was November. It is still November. Wake me up when November ends.
Did we miss out on any interesting fact? Let us know in the comment section.