If you are playing or have played Skyrim, you’d know how the game can quickly get boring or repetitive. There are different mods for the game that can be used to add an extra layer of fun to the game, however, even without any mods you can have a little fun in Skyrim using console commands.
There are some amazing Skyrim console commands that can be used to boost your character, kill your enemies, or just become Superman in the game. There are hundreds of console commands for Skyrim but we have curated a list of the 43 best Skyrim console commands that you can use to make the game even more interesting. Before we get to the commands, here’s how to use them:
How to use Skyrim Console Commands
In order to use these commands in Skyrim, you need to press the “~” key on your keyboard. This key is situated right below “Esc” and left of the “1” key. Pressing this key will bring up the developer console, where you can input and execute all of these commands in the game.
Now that you know how you can execute these commands, here are the 43 best Skyrim console commands:
Best Skyrim Console Commands
1. Toggle Immortal Mode: TIM
This command will make your character immortal. It will still take damage but won’t ever die.
2. Toggle God Mode: tgm
This command will give your character all the abilities. Infinite health, stamina, and boosts, as if it were a god.
3. Kill Target: kill
You can kill any target with this simple command.
4. Add gold to Inventory: player .additem 00000f 1000
This command will add 1000 gold units (depends on your choice) to your inventory. So, you will have as much gold as you want.
5. Resurrect: Resurrect <#>
This command will resurrect a dead NPC (Non-player character). If you use <1> then the NPC will be brought back to life with all the items. Using no number would bring them back without any items.
6. Empty Inventory: removeallitems
This command will simply remove all the items from the target.
7. Add Item: additem <ItemID> <#>
This command will add an item to the target’s inventory. Use specific ItemID to add your desired item to the inventory.
8. Toggle Run mode: rm
You can use this command to switch between running and walking for your character.
9. Toggle Map Regions: tfow
This command will turn on/off unexplored areas on the map.
10. Toggle Artificial Intelligence: TAI
This command will turn AI off or on. Characters will no longer react to you if AI is turned off.
11. Toggle Combat Artificial Intelligence: TCAI
This combat will make the computer controlled characters unable to attack you. They will be hostile but won’t attack you at all.
12. Equip Item: equipitem <itemID> <#> <left/right>
This command will force a target to equip an item from their inventory. Mention the ItemID to equip the desired item. Using left/right will make the target use the respective hand.
13. Equip Spell: Equipspell <SpellID> <left/right>
This will force the target to equip a known spell. You cannot use it to learn new spells but only already known spells can be equipped by the target.
14. Unequip Item: Unequipitem <ItemID> <#><left/right>
Use this command to make the target unequip any item.
15. Make an NPC mortal/immortal: setessential <BaseID> <#>
This will make an NPC mortal or immortal depending on your choice. Use 0 for mortal or 1 for immortal.
16. Unlock: unlock
You can use this command to unlock any locked door or chest instantly.
17. Gender Change: sexchange
You can change the gender of any targeted character by using this command.
18. Teleport NPC: moveto player
This will instantly teleport any NPC to your location.
19. Set Player Relationship: player.setrelationshiprank <RefID> <#>
This will alter the relationship between your character and an NPC.
20. Get Current Stage: GetStage <QuestID>
This will show you the current stage of the active quest.
21. Move to Target: movetoqt <QuestID>
This command will move you to the specific target of the current quest.
22. Complete All Quests: caqs
This will complete all the stages of each one of your quests.
23. Complete Quest: CompleteQuest <QuestID>
This will complete a single quest for you.
24. Unlock Shout: player.unlockword <shoutID>
This will unlock the ability Dragon Shout for the player.
25. Add Shout: Addshout <ShoutID>
This will add a shout ability to the player’s skill list. You must first unlock the shout to make this work.
26. Change Race: SetPlayerRace <Raceid>
This will change the race of your player, if you are unhappy with the selection.
27. Open Character Customisation Menu: showracemenu
This will open up a character customization menu that will show all your skills. You can make changes to your characters abilities through this menu.
28. Add Perk: player.addperk <PerkID>
This command will add any desired perk to your character.
29. Remove Perk: player.removeperk <PerkID>
This will remove any perk in your character you are not happy with.
30. Add Spell: player.addspell <variable>
This can be used to add a powerful spell to your character.
31. Remove Spell: Player.removespell <variable>
If you are not happy with a spell, you can get rid of it with this command.
32. Drop Item: player.drop <ItemID> <#>
This will let you drop any specified item on the ground.
33. List Inventory: player.showinventory
This command will show you an entire list of all the items in your inventory. These items will also have their ItemID next to them.
34. Set Player Level: player.setlevel <#>
This will set your character level to any specified value.
35. Increase Skill Points: IncPCS <AVskill>
This will add one point to your specified skill tree.
36. Give Skill Points: AdvSkill <AV> <#>
This will allot the player any amount of skill points to use for their skills.
37. Player Spell Book: psb
This command will unlock all the spells and all the shouts for the player.
38. Level Up: player.advlevel
This command will level up your character. However, you won’t be able to get any perks by leveling up through this way.
39. Enable Control in Cinematics: enableplayercontrols
You will be able to control your character during cinematic cut scenes as well, which is pretty cool.
40. Give Dragon Souls: player.forceav dragonsouls #
You can give your character any number of dragon souls to use in the game.
41. Quit: qqq
This will quit the game instantly without any delays.
42. Kill all NPCs: killall
This will kill all the NPCs in the local area. Essential NPCs won’t be killed though.
43. Set Weather: sw <WeatherID>
This will change the climate and weather of the game. You can set any weather you want during your gameplay.
Ready to try these fun Skyrim console commands?
There are hundreds of other commands for Skyrim but we have compiled only the ones we think are most useful for the players during gameplay. If you think there are other commands that can come in handy during gameplay and make it easier for the player, feel free to mention them in the comment section below.