Users of Xiaomi devices might have noticed a problem plaguing some of Mi phones for quite some time now. The problem is that contacts management system in some of the Xiaomi phones is broken which results in contacts data getting mismatched. Hence, users are finding wrong information in random contacts. According to Xiaomi, the problem occurs because certain third-party chat apps are not properly communicating with its services.
I remember encountering this problem a long time back with the Xiaomi Mi 4i, where wrong contact information was being displayed under random contact names. Well, I have not used a Xiaomi device as my personal daily driver since then, but it seems that the problem still exists as the company has just released a quick fix for the same. So, if you are also encountering the same problem, here is how to fix it:
Fix Mismatch Contact Bug in Xiaomi Devices
- Click on the link to download and install the APK file.
2. Open the app and tap on the “Check” button. Now the app will go through your contacts to find the wrong and mismatch data.
3. If wrong data gets found, press “Correct” to fix it.
According to Xiaomi, the app only works inside WhatsApp and Truecaller application and user’s local, Google, or Mi contacts database won’t get affected. Hence, you should not worry while using this application.
If the problem still persists even after going through the above steps, try the following alternate solution:
- Backup data of WhatsApp. To do that, launch the WhatsApp app and go to Settings -> Chats -> Chat Backup.
2. Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp. If the issue occurs again then as a temporary solution, go to Phone Settings -> Sync and disable WhatsApp Sync.
3. Repeat the Step 2 for fixing the issue inside Truecaller.
It should be noted here that that as per Xiaomi, these are only temporary solutions and company is working to find a permanent fix. The company said that it has already contacted Google and WhatsApp to speed up its processes.
Do try the steps above and let us know if you are stuck anywhere by writing in the comments section below.