Starfield, like other Bethesda RPGs, comes with several options besides its main quests. While the best Starfield backgrounds will have you choose your character’s backstory, the game’s traits add more character to it. Like real life, you can choose from a few religions offered. One such religion in Starfield is the House of Enlightened, a religion promising players rewards. Well, if you are a player who picked the Raised Enlightened trait and wants their chest forward right away, then you are at the right place. Keep reading as our step-by-step guide gets you to the House of Enlightened Chest location.
How to Find the House of Enlightened in Starfield
Note: You must choose the Raised Enlightened trait at the beginning to find the chest. If you don’t have this trait, then sadly, you can’t proceed further.
Thankfully, the House of Enlightened and its chest are available in the initial city of New Atlantis itself. More specifically, the city houses an underground area known as The Well. While you visit this place during your missions, you can gain access to it by yourself, too. This is done using one of two elevators you will find in the main spaceport or MAST district areas of the city. Follow the step-by-step directions below to get to it.
- Land in the Viewport area of New Atlantis and begin walking towards the city.
- Climb the ramp and head towards the “Hotel & Shopping” area next to the building we have pointed out.
- Climb the stairs of the building known as “The Viewport” and head past Jemson Mercantile to the right. You will have seen this building before if you sold weapons, items, and gear in Starfield.
- Next, look for a narrow corridor hidden between Jemson Mercantile on the left and Terrabrew Coffee on the right. Walk down this corridor, look to the left, and you will see an elevator.
- Once inside the elevator, choose “The Well” to go down.
House of Enlightened Chest Location in Starfield
- You will now find yourself in the The Well. Walk straight for a few meters before looking over to the left.
- You will see the house a small level below. Jump down the railing and take the door on the left.
- You will meet Andy Singh, the leader of the house here. You can skip talking to him and head down the stairs you see on the right.
- Once down the stairs, hike two lefts, and you will see the Enlightened chest in front of you. You can now easily claim all the rewards without any fighting.
- And just like that, you have the House of Enlightened Chest in Starfield. Easy, right?
Starfield Enlightened Chest Rewards: What’s Inside?
As far as rewards in Starfield go, The Enlightened chest contains a few rudimentary items that might not be worth everyone’s time. These include some literature on their religion and an Inclement Weather Outfit that increases the player’s health by 10. You also get other small things like Med Packs, Snake Oil, and a milk pack.
Besides the outfit, the enlightened chest treasure doesn’t give you the best loot. In fact, we have a guide on how to get the Almagest jackpot in Starfield, read that and score around 4,000 credits with ease. Until then, here are the contents of the House of Enlightened chest:
- Charity in a Godless Universe: Part I
- Charity in a Godless Universe: Part II
- Charity in a Godless Universe: Part III
- Charity in a Godless Universe: Part IV
- Drink Pack: Milk
- Inclement Weather Outfit
- 5x Med Pack
- 2x Snake Oil
How Do You Remove the Raised Enlightened Trait
If you have claimed the chest but no longer want the raised enlightened trait, then it’s simply a matter of speaking to Andy Singh about it. Begin speaking to him, and you will see it as the first option. Choose “[Raised Enlightened] I’m not sure I want to be a part of the Enlightened anymore.” Andy will then try to convince you to stay by throwing forward a bunch of arguments.
Once he’s done speaking, choose the first two options, and Andy will finally let you go. All in all, it’s a pleasant conversation with no problems involved. Once done, you are now free of the Raised Enlightened trait.