Exodus has been one of the most popular Kodi addons. There is a reason why every user wants to install Exodus on Kodi, moments after setting it up. Exodus ranks top on every add-ons list because of its sheer amount of content and reliable playback that come without any nagging issues. Further, the quality of content is unmatched among all the Kodi add-ons that we have tried in the recent past. So in this article, we will try to cover everything related to Exodus and how you can get a working Exodus add-on in 2020. So without further delay, let’s get down to the business.
Note: Many of the Kodi add-ons host and stream copyrighted content. Streaming protected content is illegal and amounts to piracy. We do not encourage online piracy in any way or form.
Get Exodus on Kodi (Updated June 2020)
At the moment, Exodus Redux and Exodus V8 are the two working Exodus forks and you can install both of these add-ons in a few simple steps. Do note that these add-ons are not available on the official Kodi repository so we will have to grab it from a third-party repo. So here is how it goes.
Warning: Exodus is a third-party video add-on and hosts a number of copyrighted content. In some regions, running such an addon may be illegal. So to better protect yourself, you should use VPNs. Remember to check out our article on the best free VPNs for the same.
Install Exodus Redux on Kodi
After the original developer stopped maintaining Exodus in 2017, a team called I-A-C took the charge in their hands. Currently, I-A-C maintains the content and overall development of this popular add-on. So to install Exodus on Kodi, we have to install a third-party repo by I-A-C first.
1. Open the Exodus Redux download page from here and click on the ZIP file to download the repository.
2. Now open Kodi and switch to the “Add-ons” tab. Here, click on the “Install from ZIP file” menu.
3. A file browser window will open. Locate the downloaded ZIP file on your device and click on the “OK” button. The repo will be installed immediately.
4. Move back to the “Add-on” tab and open “Install from repository”.
5. Here, open “Exodus Redux Repo” –> “Video add-ons” –> “Exodus Redux”.
6. Finally, click on the “Install” button to get Exodus on Kodi.
7. After the installation is complete, click on the “Open” button.
8. And there you have it. Exodus in all its glory. Enjoy!
Fix Exodus Redux No Stream Available Error
If you are having streaming issues on Exodus Redux then you can easily fix it with these simple steps.
1. Open Exodus Redux addon and move to “Tools”.
2. Here, scroll down and click on “Providers”.
3. Next, click on “Clear Providers Cache”. This will make sure that all defunct sources are removed and will be updated by new sources. Eventually, the “No Stream Available” error will be resolved on Exodus Redux.
Integrate Exodus and Real-Debrid to Stream Without Buffering
If the above method didn’t fix the issue then you can integrate Exodus with Real-Debrid to stream content without any buffering issues. Real-Debrid is a paid service that hosts tons of files and offers unrestricted download speed. Basically, while finding the movie source, Real-Debrid will offer you the best source to stream movies which will significantly reduce buffering. Here is how you can do it.
1. Open the Exodus addon and move to “Tools”.
2. After that, open “URLResolver Settings” and switch to “Universal Resolvers”. Here, click on “Reauthorise my account”.
3. Upon doing so, it will offer you a URL and a code. Note it down.
4. Open the URL on a web browser and enter the above code. After that, click on “Confirm this code”. You might have to create an account so keep that in mind.
5. Now, your device will be confirmed. Finally, go ahead and search for movies and you would get Real Debrid sources on the top.
Get Exodus V8 on Kodi
While Exodus Redux is exceptionally great, the original Exodus is being slowly reinstated into development by the TV Addons team. It looks and works pretty similar to its earlier version. If you use Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick, then this version of Exodus is recommended as it works without any issue on Fire Stick. So here are the steps to get the original Exodus on Kodi.
1. Download the Kodi Bae repository from here.
2. Next, open Kodi and switch to the “Add-on” tab. Here, open “Install from ZIP file”.
3. After that, locate the Kodi Bae repo file and click on the “OK” button.
4. Move to the “Add-on” tab again and open “Install from repository”.
5. Now navigate to “Kodi Bae Repository”–> “Video add-ons”–>”Exodus”.
6. Open Exodus and install it. After installation, click on the “Open” button.
7. Finally, you can access the original Exodus and all its library of content.
Note: Keep in mind, Exodus links break intermittently so keep visiting our website for the latest working Exodus builds. We will be updating the source every month. In case, the links mentioned above don’t seem to work, you can comment down below and we will fix it.
For Those Using Kodi 17.6 Krypton
If you are still using the older Kodi 17.6 Krypton build and want Exodus then you will have to use the V8 version that we have mentioned just above. It’s the only Exodus addon that is compatible with the Krypton build. You just have to download the Kodi Bae repository and then you can comfortably install Exodus V8 on Kodi 17.6 Krypton.
Exodus Kodi Addon FAQ
Q. Is Exodus Kodi Addon Legal?
In strict terms, Exodus Kodi addon is not legal as it hosts the sources for copyrighted content. However, some experts maintain that merely hosting the sources doesn’t amount to piracy, hence it’s legal. The bottom line is that it depends on where you live and how your country interprets the law regarding online piracy.
Q. Should I Use a VPN with The Exodus Kodi Addon?
It’s highly recommended that you use a VPN with Exodus addon. It will help you protect your identity on the web.
Q. Can Exodus Kodi Addon be Installed on a Firestick?
Yes, Exodus V8 is compatible with Amazon Firestick and you can install it seamlessly using the Kodi Bae repository we have mentioned above.
Q. What’s the Difference Between Kodi Addon and Kodi Repository?
Kodi Addons are the elements that are stored in a central location called Kodi Repository. In a repository, you can find many add-ons that can be installed on Kodi for watching movies, streaming live TV shows, and more. Basically, Kodi addons are the building block on Kodi Repositories.
Q. What’s the Difference Between a Kodi Addon and a Kodi Build?
Addons are small elements in the Kodi ecosystem that can add new features and functionalities. For example, a Kodi addon brings a huge library of movies, TV series, sports channels, and more. It can also be a standalone maintenance addon or a skin addon that can clear cache or bring new look to the interface.
On the other hand, Kodi Builds are a total package — a complete build that comes with its own skin, addons, repositories, Settings interface, and more. To compare loosely, Kodi Builds are like Android custom ROMs whereas Kodi Addons are like Android apps.
Install Exodus on Kodi and Discover Endless Content
So that was our short guide on how to install Exodus on Kodi in 2020. While many add-ons promise huge libraries of content, the media links rarely work in its entirety. Exodus, on the other hand, has an active team that keeps on updating the broken links and features so that you get limitless entertainment without any issue. It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or a long-time Kodi user, Exodus is for everyone. So go ahead and install Exodus on Kodi, it will open up a new world to you.