Changing your Facebook password is an effective measure to enhance your account’s security, especially if you have reused your password elsewhere or it was compromised in a data breach. Facebook offers the option to change the account password across all platforms, and you can reset the same from the desktop website, Android and iPhone apps. In this article, we will walk you through the steps involved to set a new password for your Facebook account.
Change Facebook Password (2022)
We have explained how you can change your account’s password from the website, Facebook’s Android app, or the iOS app. Feel free to use the table of contents below to skip to the relevant section. With that said, let’s get right into it.
Change Facebook Password on Computer Using Website
1. Sign in to your Facebook account and click on the down arrow at the top-right corner. Now, expand the “Settings & privacy” menu to access the option to view Facebook settings.
2. Up next, click on “Settings” to view your Facebook settings page.
3. From the “Security and login” page, click the “Edit” button next to “Change password” to set a new password for your Facebook account.
4. Enter your current password in the “Current” field and type your new password in the “New” and “Retype new” fields. Once done, click on “Save changes” to start using your new Facebook password.
5. You will now see a confirmation prompt about your password change. You can either choose to stay signed in on other devices or review active sessions. While you should review the devices if you think someone might have accessed your account, choosing “Stay logged in” is fine as long as you’re updating your password as a security measure.
Change Facebook Password on Android
1. Open the Facebook app and tap the hamburger menu at the top-right corner. Now, press “Settings & Privacy” and choose “Settings” to enter Facebook settings.
2. Under “Account” settings, choose “Password and security” and tap “Change password” to change your Facebook password.
3. Enter your old Facebook password and type your new password. Finally, press “Update Password” to change the password. As mentioned above, you have the option to review other active sessions or stay logged in on all of your devices.
Change Facebook Password on iPhone
1. Open Facebook on your iPhone and tap the hamburger menu at the bottom-right corner. Now, expand “Settings & Privacy” and choose “Settings”.
2. When you’re on the settings page, choose “Password and security” and tap “Change password”.
3. Enter your current password along with your new password. Tap on “Save changes” to confirm your new Facebook password.
Forgot Facebook Password? Here’s How to Reset It
In case you forgot your Facebook account’s password, you can choose to reset it. Here’s how to change the Facebook password without an old password:
1. To get started, click on the “Forgotten password?” option from the login screen.
2. You should now enter your email address or phone number to find your account. Use any of these details and click the “Search” button.
3. Once Facebook identifies your account, choose “Send code via email” to receive the reset code through email, and click “Continue”. Enter the code to reset your password and set a new one.
Reset Facebook Password on Mobile (Android and iOS)
1. To reset your Facebook password on your phone, press “Forgot Password?” from the login screen and enter your email address or phone number on the next page.
2. Facebook will now send you a confirmation code on your registered email. Tap “Continue” to send the code and enter the 6-digit code on the next page. After confirming the code, you can proceed to reset the password.
Find and Reset Your Facebook Password
So yeah, those are the steps you can follow to change your Facebook account’s password with ease. While you’re at it, we also recommend you try a password manager to securely save your passwords without having to remember them. Meanwhile, if your Facebook account is disabled, you can check our linked guide for tips to recover it.