Getting locked out of your Facebook account can be an unpleasant experience, especially if Facebook is your social media platform of choice to stay in touch with your friends and family. Well, if your account suddenly got disabled, here’s what you can do to recover your locked Facebook account.
Recover Locked Facebook Account (2022)
When Does Facebook Disable Your Account?
Facebook disables accounts that don’t follow the company’s terms of service. To be specific, Facebook says it will disable your account for any of the following reasons:
- Posting content that doesn’t follow the Facebook Terms.
- Using a fake name.
- Impersonating someone.
- Continuing behavior that’s not allowed on Facebook and goes against Community Standards.
- Contacting other people for the purpose of harassment, advertising, promoting, or other conduct that’s not allowed.
Recover FB Account Disabled By Facebook
If you think you didn’t violate any of the aforesaid Facebook terms, you can request a review. Here’s how to do it:
1. Visit Facebook’s account appeal form and fill in the required details. Facebook asks for your login email address or phone number, full name, and your ID for verification. Facebook accepts both government and non-government IDs. Check out a list of all supported IDs via the link right here.
2. After uploading all the details, click on “Send” to submit the appeal. Facebook will then review your appeal. The company will allow access to your account if it is convinced that your account got accidentally disabled. Furthermore, the social media company might contact you for more information as part of the review process.
Recover Facebook Account You Disabled
If you previously disabled or permanently delete your Facebook account, you can still recover it as long as it is within the 30-day recovery window. Here’s how to reactivate a Facebook account you disabled:
1. The process to recover a Facebook account you disabled is as straightforward as signing in with your login credentials. Visit Facebook’s website and sign in with your username and password. If you temporarily disabled your account, logging in will enable your account, and you can start using the platform.
2. If you had chosen to permanently delete the account instead, you will have to confirm the reactivation. On the confirmation page, you will see the date when your account is scheduled for deletion. Click on “Cancel Deletion” to recover and gain access to your Facebook account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What happens when Facebook disables your account?
You can’t log in with your disabled Facebook account. You are essentially locked out of your account and can’t use any Facebook features.
Q: How long does Facebook disable your account?
Disabled Facebook accounts are indefinitely disabled unless you raise an appeal. Make sure you respond if the company’s representatives reach out to you for more information. While responding, verify if the query is indeed from Facebook and not scammers.
Q: Can Facebook disable your account for no reason?
Facebook typically doesn’t disable accounts without a valid reason. The company usually disables accounts that violate its terms of service. In case Facebook disabled your account by mistake, you can raise a review request to regain access.
Get Your Disabled Facebook Account Back
If you have a disabled Facebook account despite following the company’s guidelines, you could expect positive results through the appeal. If you did violate Facebook’s terms of service, you could try creating a new account. Meanwhile, if you think someone hacked your Facebook, go through our linked guide to check and recover your hacked Facebook account.