With Google I/O, we finally got a better taste of new things that are coming to Android with Android P. Standby Apps, Adaptive Battery, Digital Wellbeing, a new gesture navigation, and so much more. However, another new nifty addition is the weather icon to the Ambient Display on Android P. Sadly though, this new weather icon is disabled by default on Android P. So, would you like to know how to get it on your Android P device’s Ambient Display? Well then, read on, as we show you how to get weather in ambient display on Android P:
Get Weather in Ambient Display on Android P
Note: I tested the following method on my Google Pixel 2 running Android P beta 1. The method should remain the same for all other devices running Android P beta.
1. First off, head over to Settings -> Apps and notifications -> All Apps, and tap on the “Google” app.
2. Now, tap on the 3-dot menu in the top-right corner and then select “Uninstall updates”.
3. You will now get a popup notification saying that the app will be replaced with the factory version. Tap on “Ok” to continue.
4. Once that is done, head over to the Google Play Store and search for Google, or follow this link here. Now, tap on “Update” to update the Google app to the latest version.
5. And that’s it. Your Android P device should now display the weather alongside the date in the Ambient Display.
See Weather in Ambient Display on Android P Smartphones
And well that’s it. Personally, I love using the ability on my Android P device. Ambient Display in itself is great, but with the added weather feature, it is all the more useful. But what about you? What is your take on the new weather icon in the Ambient Display on Android P devices? Let us know in the comments down below.