- LEGO Fortnite has already broken the record for the most active players in a Fortnite game mode.
- The surge of players queueing together has led the game to show a matchmaking error message.
- To fix this issue, players can change the game mode or restart the game via the Epic Games Launcher.
When the LEGO Fortnite update arrived, LEGO and Epic Games servers were overwhelmed with millions of players. Naturally, when a server faces this much load, it runs into the classic error of matchmaking. We too experienced the same matchmaking error in LEGO Fortnite and decided to solve it for good. If you’re part of the players wanting to fix it, keep reading as we show you how.
What Causes the LEGO Fortnite Matchmaking Error
Since the Fortnite x Eminem event, players have been getting long login queues. This is due to the high popularity and server load of the game mode. While players can now join games faster with a normal login queue, some are experiencing an error message that effectively locks them out.
The error message reads, Matchmaking Error #1: Something’s up with the matchmaking, so we’re turning it off and back on again. Hang tight! It’ll be back up shortly. (service.shutting_down_2). There is also a chance you will see a “#3” error. Rest assured, they both denote the same issue.
Once you get this error in Lego Fortnite, your matchmaking will either stop or you will just be redirected back to the lobby. In most cases, this error occurs frequently, thus, annoying players.
As mentioned, Fortnite has already provided an update on the error and has promised a fix to the situation soon. This will take some time depending on how the process goes. The company has also promised it will share an update with the community once the matchmaking error is fixed on the server side.
Fix the LEGO Fortnite Matchmaking Error
Where there aren’t a lot of fixes for the LEGO Fortnite matchmaking error as of now, there are a couple that worked for us.
1. Change Fortnite Game Mode
This method works best when you’re encountering the error repeatedly. Sometimes, even changing the game mode a few times does it. This method worked for me right away, and we hope it does for you too. Follow the steps below to solve it for yourself:
- First, cancel the matchmaking queue and go to the Fortnite Battle Royale mode.
- Now, start a queue in the BR mode and join a new game.
- Once you enter it, leave the game and return to the lobby.
- Now, try joining a LEGO Fortnite world again, and you will see the matchmaking “Waiting for matchmaking to comments” message.
2. Restart Fortnite & Epic Launcher
In case the above steps don’t work, the next best method is to restart both Fortnite and Epic Games. Make sure to quit the Epic Launcher completely before opening it again.
Launch Fortnite again, and you should see the matchmaking and login queue status back to normal. If you are playing on Playstation or Xbox, try restarting Fortnite several times before launching the LEGO game mode.
We hope the above methods helped you fix the pesky LEGO Fortnite matchmaking error. With the problem fixed, it’s time to check out the Explorer Emilie skin Fortnite is giving away for free. Are you still having trouble with the matchmaking error? Drop your concerns in the comments section below.