Driver Fixers are smart utilities that fixes any driver problems in your system. These apps download and install missing or outdated drivers on your system, thus improving its stability and performance. In this post, we’re going to share with you the best 11 free driver fixers to download and install drivers in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, Vista, 7 or XP.
These software helps you fix driver problems on the fly without the manual chore of finding or identifying the missing or outdated drivers in your system, then finding them over the Internet and downloading and installing them one by one. These tools work almost automatic and helps you save lots of time & efforts, hence improving your work productivity.
DriverPack Solution, one of the earliest driver fixers, automatically detects the outdated drivers in your system and updates them in one go. It’s a time-saving program that relieves you from the hassle of identifying the drivers manually. Moreover, the program offers a simple interface without any distractive options and supports Windows XP & above.
Pro(s): DriverPack Solution offers some of the best features possible:
- Finds required drivers in your system automatically
- Lets you download and install drivers in one-click
- Allows bulk downloading unlike other driver fixers
- Offers two downloads – online & offline packs
Con(s): DriverPack Solution isn’t perfect, of course, and lacks these:
- Doesn’t allow free users to install drivers manually
- Installs unnecessary software without asking, sometimes
DriverMax is a driver-fixing solution that updates and installs all outdated drivers on the fly. The software scans your PC and detects all the missing, corrupted or outdated drivers. DriverMax even exports all the older drivers stored in your system to avoid them mixing or clashing with the new ones. The tool supports and works on Windows XP.. up to Windows 10.
Pro(s): DriverMax brings some of the interesting features:
- Auto-checks for driver updates
- Updates multiple drivers with a single click
- Performs a system backup before installing drivers
- Allows making system restores for fixing driver install issues
Con(s): DriverMax has also some disadvantages for free users like:
- Limits free driver downloads
- Allows unsigned (and insecure) driver updates
- Downloads drivers after a short period, not instantly
Driver Booster is a fast and efficient driver fixer tool, which keeps your system drivers up-to-date and enhances the overall system performance. Driver Booster supports more than 200K drivers and removes any corrupted or worthless drivers (that cause problems otherwise). It claims to feature one of the largest driver database for Windows XP & above.
Pro(s): Driver Booster packs-in few interesting features:
- Creates restore points before installing drivers
- Allows scheduled and automatic driver downloads
- Supports uninstall & rollback to rectify faulty installations
Con(s): Driver Booster has also got some problems:
- Doesn’t offer free download of some drivers
- Doesn’t support bulk/auto downloading for some drivers
Free Driver Scout is a driver fixer and installer that says to have the largest number of drivers (though it’s not true), and updates your system drivers for free like DriverPack or DriverMax. The tool automatically scans for the outdated and non-working drivers and lets you install them easily and smoothly. Free Driver Scout also lets you backup and restore drivers per your requirements, and it supports Windows XP and later versions.
Pro(s): Free Driver Scout offers some necessary features:
- Supports bulk downloads
- Install the updates automatically
- Offers instant driver downloads unlike DriverMax
- Supports automatic and manual scans unlike DriverPack
Con(s): Free Driver Scout also shortfalls on certain points:
- Couldn’t find some outdated drivers
- Attempts to install few irrelevant programs at installation
5. Driver Easy
Driver Easy lets you install all the missing drivers and even allows finding them manually on your Windows PC. The program does an in-depth scan to find which drivers are corrupted or outdated and lets you install them. Driver Easy claims to have 8 M+ drivers in its database, which means it’s going to catch and update every possible driver on the system. Also, the app supports all versions up to Windows 10, just like others.
Pro(s): Driver Easy competes with competitors by features like:
- Allows automatic and even scheduled scanning
- Offers backing up drivers before updating or installing them
- Supports system restore in case something goes wrong during installation
Con(s): Driver Easy also brings few disappointments like:
- Downloads outdated drivers, sometimes
- Downloads slowly than other free programs listed here
Driver Talent is a driver fixing solution that finds the compatible missing drivers for your PC and installs them easily. Driver Talent also updates your system drivers on the top of the outdated or corrupted drivers, making the system run smoothly. Unlike few of its competitors, it also displays the driver size, release date and version number to ensure you download the correct drivers. Also, it supports all releases starting from Windows XP and Server 2003.
Pro(s): Driver Talent has some exciting advantages like:
- Offers uninstalling drivers you don’t require
- Downloads and installs drivers at fast rates
- Let you backup the updated and installed drivers
- Allows restoring drivers from the backup after failures
Con(s): Driver Talent also packs few disadvantages like:
- Detects less drivers as compared to other solutions
SlimDrivers detects the outdated drivers on your system and also identifies the proper executables for your PC and installs them on the fly. The software finds the latest drivers for your system using its real-time cloud scanning technology for best results. SlimDrivers works only on Windows XP and all later releases unlike Driver Talent.
Pro(s): SlimDrivers offers various features like:
- Lets you backup and restore the drivers
- Lets you uninstall outdated drivers from the system
Con(s): SlimDrivers also lacks few things like:
- Doesn’t allow bulk downloads with a single click in free version
- Installs SlimCleaner, a system cleaning tool, without permission
WinZip Driver Updater, a driver-fixing solution having one of the extensive driver databases, scans your PC and finds & installs the outdated drivers. The drivers can be installed with ease and you can also update them manually. Driver Updater offers the genuine drivers from manufacturers, and it runs on Windows XP and above.
Pro(s): Driver Updater brings some nice features from the team behind WinZip:
- Allows skipping driver updates
- Lets you schedule/automate driver scans
- Ensures good performance of the updated drivers
- Automatically scans and installs quickly the outdated drivers
Con(s): Driver Updater has some insufficiencies too like:
- Leaves few outdated drivers during scanning in free version
- Few updates indicate inaccurate information about installed drivers
Snappy Driver Installer finds all missing and outdated drivers that prevents you from configuring your hardware and installs them all to get you smooth-performing system. This is a portable tool which can be carried anywhere using flash drives, and it works pretty great on all releases starting from Windows XP and Server 2003 just like Driver Talent.
Pro(s): Snappy Driver Installer has lots of advantages like:
- Free & open source unlike various others
- Offers online as well as offline versions of its driver packs
- Automatically creates a system restore point for avoiding failures
Con(s): Snappy Driver Installer has few disadvantages too like:
- Its interface may confuse some people
- Doesn’t provide any option to set scanning schedules
10. Driver Fighter
Driver Fighter takes care of your system hardware and finds all the latest and compatible drivers for you. It prevents possible hardware conflicts from damaging your system. This driver updater detects the best drivers flawlessly and keeps your system up-to-date with support for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and XP.
Pro(s): Driver Fighter is best at some things like:
- Its interface is simple and easy to use
- Scans and installs drivers at high speed
Con(s): Driver Fighter also lacks at few things like:
- Displays wrong info about drivers, sometimes
- Displays pop-ups and installs unnecessary programs, sometimes
11. Device Doctor
Device Doctor is a free program that scans your system for the outdated drivers and updates them easily. The software claims to have a driver database with over 13 M+ drivers for various devices. It’s a very simple tool that helps you correct majority of hardware problems and supports all Windows versions starting from Windows XP.
Pro(s): Device Doctor has these positive features to share:
- Its interface is simple and easy to use
- Supports drivers for all the major computer hardware
Con(s): Device Doctor also comes with possible problems like:
- Doesn’t take backups before installing drivers
- Doesn’t support bulk downloading of drivers in the free version
That’s all folks about the best tools to download and install drivers for Windows without paying any bucks. Which is your favorite driver fixer or installer? Please tell using comments.