Zevlor is one of the characters you meet early in Baldur’s Gate 3. Unfortunately, like every other situation in the game, our Tiefling friend falls into trouble. However, we get to rescue him like the hero we are and save the day. But before we do that, we need to follow certain steps. In this article, we discuss how to rescue the Tiefling protector from the cult’s clutches, mentioning the step-by-step process. So without further ado, let’s begin.
Before we continue, we want to share a quick reminder. Some of the points mentioned here might spoil the game for you. So, if you haven’t reached Act 2 of Baldur’s Gate 3, we suggest not reading through. Then again, if you are reading this article, you are likely stuck finding him. Hence, here is how you find your captured Tiefling friend from Chapter 1.
Note: To successfully receive the “Save Jevlor” quest, make sure you haven’t destroyed the grove in Act 1. If you have, then unfortunately, the quest won’t appear, and you can’t save him.
Picking Up The Quest
After you reach Chapter 2, head over to the Last Light Inn. This is where the Harpers, a faction that wants to banish the absolute, are stationed. If you venture into the Shadow-Cursed Lands through the Absolute Camp in the Underdark, you will run into a group of them who instruct you to go to Last Light Inn. Otherwise, going to X: 14 Y: 144 will bring you to the Inn.
Here, you will discover that the caravan of Tieflings from the Druid Grove never reached Baldur’s Gate 3. Instead, they were ambushed, and half of the people were taken away. Further prying the Tiefling refugees will confirm that Zevlor, their protector, froze up when the absolute’s cult ambushed them. This resulted in half of the caravan getting captured and Zevlor along with them. Talking with the Tieflings will begin the quest of rescuing him.
Rescuing Zevlor in Baldur’s Gate 3
After you talk with Jaheira, the leader of the Harpers and a potential companion, and Dammon, it is time to begin your quest to rescue him. Saving Zevlor requires you to play through chapter 2 of Baldur’s Gate 3, as you find him near the end of the chapter.
- Head to the Moonrise Towers located at X:-156 Y:-97. Here, you will realize that Ketheric Throm, ruler of Moonrise Tower, is immortal, and to defeat him, you have to figure out a way. This requires you to finish the questline “Find The Nightsong.” We are currently in the process of finishing it, so keep an eye out for our guide.
- Once completed, head back to the Moonrise Towers, and fight through it alongside the Harpers. After your first encounter and boss fight with Ketheric Thorm, he will run away to the Mind Flayer Colony under the tower. Follow him.
- However, ensure you are well-rested and have confirmed a party before continuing. You cannot do any of that once you are in the area.
- At the Mind-Flayer Colony, go to the Tadpoling center at X: 689 Y: 6. You will see Zevlor and a few other friendly NPCs trapped inside the pod.
- Inside the same room, there will be a Neural Apparatus. Interact with it.
- You must open the pods to rescue the trapped friendlies, including Zevlor. However, proceed with caution. Three mind flayers are also stuck inside the pods. Hence, opening the pods will begin a fight.
- Whether you want to save Zevlor or not, open them up to begin fighting. Fortunately, you have Zevlor and the rescued friendlies assisting you.
Successfully winning the fight will save Zevlor in Baldur’s Gate 3. There is not much else for us to do post-fight apart from talking to him. Depending on your conversation, Zevlor can become an ally later in the game.