While smart TVs and Fire TV Sticks have brought the “on-demand” and streaming culture, there are users who still rely on their cloud storage. For example, many people want to stream movies and shows directly from Google Drive on Fire TV Stick. Also, some want to integrate Google Drive to Fire TV Stick so that files and APKs can be easily transferred. So in this article, we bring you a full walkthrough on how to install and use Google Drive on Fire TV Stick in 2021. On that note, let’s move to the steps.
Use Google Drive on Fire TV Stick (2021)
As we know, we can’t use a bunch of Google apps on Fire TV Stick because of the lack of Google Play Services, Framework, and other components. Similar is the case with Google Drive as well. So, we need to make a workaround to use Google Drive on Fire TV Stick. We will be using Kodi on Fire TV Stick to access Google Drive from there. Now having explained the basic approach, let’s now move to the steps.
1. First and foremost, follow our guide and learn how to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick. We have updated the guide with the latest steps so you will have no problem sideloading Kodi.
2. Once you are in Kodi, move to “Add-ons” and click on “Search”.
3. Here, enter “google drive” and click on the “OK” button.
4. After that, open “Google Drive” from the search result.
5. Here, click on “Install“.
6. Next, click on “OK“.
7. After a while, go back and Google Drive will be added to Kodi under the “Add-ons” section. Open it.
8. Here, click on “Add an account“.
9. Now, you will get a pop-up with a URL and a code. You can perform further operations on your smartphone or computer. Keep in mind, as you are going to allow a third-party service to access your Google Drive, I would recommend you to add a throwaway Google account. Just share the media files to the throwaway account from your primary account.
10. On your smartphone or computer, enter the code displayed on Kodi.
10. After that, it will ask you to add or choose your Google account.
11. Next, you need to give the final permission to allow the Kodi addon to access Google Drive. In case, you want to disable the access later on, you can revoke the permission from here.
12. Once you have allowed the Kodi addon, you will get an “authentication successful” message on your smartphone or computer. And Kodi on your Fire TV Stick will automatically log in to your Google account.
13. On Kodi, just click on your name.
14. And there you have it. All your Drive files available on Fire TV Stick via Kodi. You can play media files directly on Kodi as it’s a powerful media center as well.
Install Google Drive and Directly Stream Media Files
So that is how you can add Google Drive to Fire TV Stick using Kodi. In my usage so far, Google Drive worked really on Kodi and Kodi was itself pretty responsive on Fire TV Stick. So go ahead and try out the method that I have explained above. If you want to learn more about sideloading Android APKs on Fire TV Stick then go through our linked guide. Anyway, that is all from us. If you are facing any issue then comment down below and let us know.
I can see directories in google drive I have shared from my other google account. But I do not see any of the files (mp4 videos and jpg)
Then I created directories in the drive and uploaded some files to the google account that I added to the google drive addon of Kodi.
Same as above. I can see the newly created directories but I do not see any of the files that I have uploaded.