- As of Minecraft Snapshot 24W06A, the Breeze will drop 4-6 wind charges when you kill it. They are a type of a weapon that behave similarly to Breeze's attack.
- You can fire Wind Charge by right-clicking and they will emit a small area of effect that knocks back entities.
- Armadillo animations got an update and the vault's texture changed slightly in the Minecraft 24W06A snapshot.
This is it, everybody, the feature we’ve all been waiting for. The Breeze finally gets a drop and it’s not just an item, it’s a weapon! That’s right, after all this time we finally get a new weapon added to Minecraft, and it’s super fun to use. So with that, let’s see what the wind charge is, how to use it and some other important features from the Minecraft 24W06A snapshot.
How Does the Wind Charge Work?
Wind charge is the item Breeze will drop. You’ll get 4-6 of them after defeating a Breeze in the Trail chamber. Just as the name suggests, the wind charge item will function similarly to Breeze’s wind charge attack. It’s a projectile you can fire by right-clicking. Once it collides with something, the wind charge will emit a small area of effect that will knock back entities.
The player using the wind charge will be granted 10% higher knockback than the Breeze’s, but it the affected area is far smaller. The wind charge weapon will also deal a little bit of damage on directly colliding with an entity. This item will get used up, so you will need to continue hunting Breezes if you want more of them.
Unfortunately, you cannot constantly use the wind charge, since it has half a second cooldown. This will impact every wind charge item in your inventory.
Now let’s go over other important features in the Minecraft 24W06A snapshot.
- The vault’s texture got tweaked a bit so it’s more easily distinguishable from the trial spawner.
- Armadillo now looks different when rolled up, as it will hide its head and feet in its shell. Moreover, when it’s damaged, armadillo will not panic but roll up for longer amount of time than if it just got spooked.
- Tamed wolves now have 20 hearts instead of 10. They also won’t take half a heart of damage from many environmental sources. Feeding your wolf will replenish twice as many health points than before.
Moreover, a Senior Game Developer for Minecraft Java Edition has confirmed on X (formerly Twitter) that the Armadillo mob is now finalized. All work on this cute little mob is done.
And those are some of the exciting features from the Minecraft 24W06A snapshot. Well, isn’t this such a great snapshot? Make sure to check it out in the Minecraft launcher and tell us what you think of the wind charge in comments below!