OpenAI recently released its latest GPT-4 model, which is much more powerful than anything OpenAI has released so far. It is the largest language model system OpenAI has developed, and it also comes with vision capability. GPT-4 is multimodal, meaning it can interpret not only text but image inputs as well. Apart from that, it performs well in reasoning tests and supports about 26 different languages. That said, ChatGPT 4 is not available to free users. You have to subscribe to ChatGPT Plus to try out GPT-4. Nevertheless, in this guide, we bring you simple ways to use ChatGPT 4 for free. You can access the advanced GPT-4 language model without paying any price. So on that note, let’s jump to the guide.
1. Use ChatGPT 4 for Free on ForeFront AI
ForeFront AI is offering free access to the GPT-4 model without any charge. You just need to create an account, and you are good to go. Additionally, there is no limitation on the number of messages per day, which is amazing. So to use the GPT-4 model for free, follow our instructions below.
Note: Due to high demand, it can sometimes take longer to respond to prompts, and at times, throws some errors as well. So, please be patient in such scenarios.
1. Open chat.forefront.ai (visit) and create an account.
2. Next, choose the “GPT-4” model from the drop-down menu and select “HelpfulAssistant” as the Persona.
3. Now, your ChatGPT 4 bot is ready to use. Type your ChatGPT prompt and wait for a response from the bot.
2. Use ChatGPT 4 for Free on Ora.sh
Ora.sh is a web platform where you can quickly build LLM apps in a shareable chat interface. And now, it’s allowing users to explore the ChatGPT 4 model for free. However, due to high demand, the developer has limited the usage to 5 messages per day. In addition, you need to create an account now. With all that said, let’s go ahead and learn how to access ChatGPT 4 for free.
1. Open Ora.sh’s webpage linked here (visit). Then, click on the chat box at the bottom to sign in and start using the service.
Note: Earlier, the website didn’t require you to sign up to interact with its GPT-4 chatbot. But that seems to have changed since writing this article. We used Google sign-in to log in and start using Ora.sh’s GPT-4 chatbot.
2. Then, ask your questions to ChatGPT 4 straight away. It’s that easy to get a taste of the new GPT-4 model released by OpenAI.
3. Use ChatGPT 4 for Free on Bing
Apart from these solutions, you can also get a taste of GPT-4 on Microsoft Bing Chat. Just after the release of the GPT-4 model, Microsoft came forward and announced that its Bing AI is already running on the GPT-4 model (codename: Prometheus). In fact, Bing AI has some additional features that ChatGPT 4 does not have.
You can even generate images on Bing AI with a simple prompt, it cites the sources for its information, as we noticed in our Bard vs Bing comparison, and feels more like a friendly AI assistant. That said, here is how to use Bing to access ChatGPT 4 freely.
1. If you are using Microsoft Edge, open bing.com/new (visit) and click on “Chat” in the top-left corner.
2. If you are using other browsers, you must first install this extension: Bing Chat for All Browsers (install). This will allow you to use Bing AI Chat on any web browser.
3. Now, switch to the “Creative” mode and ask your questions. This mode mostly uses the GPT-4 model.
4. Use ChatGPT 4 for Free on HuggingFace
A developer named Yuvraj Sharma has built a ChatGPT 4 bot on HuggingFace, and it’s completely free to use. The best feature is that you don’t even need to enter your own OpenAI API key. HuggingFace is providing the GPT-4 API access to its community for users to explore the model. Apart from that, it has a token limit of 4096, which is amazing. OpenAI has still not released 8K and 32K token options, so there is that. But it does have multilingual support.
Having said that, keep in mind that there is a queue, and you may have to wait for a few seconds (sometimes, up to a minute or two) to get a response. If you don’t want to wait, you can clone the project and add your own API key to get an instant response. I have briefly mentioned the steps for that too. Here’s how you can go about it:
1. Head over to this link to use ChatGPT 4 on HuggingFace for free.
2. Now, enter your question and press the “Run” button. You will get a response from the ChatGPT 4 model, and that’s it. That’s how easy it is to try out GPT-4 without the ChatGPT Plus subscription.
Note: If it throws an error, you can follow the below steps and add your own GPT-4 API key to get it working.
3. If the response time is longer, you can clone the repository and use your own OpenAI API key by following the below steps. The tool will no longer be free, though; you will need credits to use the API. That said, click on “Duplicate Space” to get started.
Note: You will need GPT-4 API access otherwise, it will throw an error, as reported by many in our comments section. You can sign up for GPT-4 API access here.
4. Then, change the Visibility to “Public” and click “Duplicate Space”.
5. Next, move to the “Settings” page.
6. Scroll down and look for “Repository secrets” here. Now, click on “New secret“.
7. Here, add
OPENAI_API_KEY in the “Name” field and your OpenAI API key in “Secret value”. You can get your OpenAI API key from the link here.
8. Now, click on “App” in the top row.
9. Finally, your GPT-4 chatbot will be ready to use without any delay in response.
5. How to Use ChatGPT 4 on Nat.dev
Nat Friedman, the erstwhile CEO of GitHub, has developed an awesome tool to compare various LLM models offered by AI companies worldwide. You can use it to compare ChatGPT 4 with other models or simply explore the GPT-4 model. While initially free, due to a surge in demand, it now asks users to top up their account with $5, which is far less than the ChatGPT Plus subscription of $20.
1. Head over to the nat.dev website in your browser and sign up for a free account.
2. After logging in, change the “Model” to “gpt-4” in the right panel. You can also customize other settings, but initially, keep everything default.
3. Now, you can ask questions to ChatGPT 4, and it will respond instantly as there is no queue. Enjoy!
So this is how you can access the GPT-4 model for free right now. After GPT-3 and GPT-3.5, OpenAI’s latest GPT-4 model has stormed the AI landscape with its incredible capabilities. However, it’s not accessible to free users, and only ChatGPT Plus users can access ChatGPT 4. Nevertheless, our guide will allow you to interact with ChatGPT 4 without any fee.
6. How to use ChatGPT 4 on Perplexity AI
For those unaware, Perplexity is an AI-powered search engine that combines its database with the Internet to provide a seamless experience. However, what makes it different is that it has a new Co-Pilot feature that uses GPT-4 to give enhanced search results and better information. Learn how to access ChatGPT 4 for your searches using the steps below.
1. Head to the official Perplexity AI website to begin the process.
2. Click on the “Sign up” button to quickly make an account. Go through the motions of making an account by entering your credentials.
3. You’ll now land on the main page, but our focus is in the search bar. Toggle on the option for Copilot 5 to enable it.
4. Now, type out your query or click on any of the pre-filled options and press return. In my case, I asked it to plan a trip to Italy. As you can see, Copilot understood my question and even asked me about my preferences.
5. And just like that, we have our trip. Just like the best ChatGPT plugins, Perplexity AI used GPT-4 to search the Internet and use AI to create a plan for me. You get five queries every 4 hours, so use them wisely.
7. How to use ChatGPT 4 on Merlin
Merlin has already appeared in our list of the best ChatGPT Chrome extensions. However, we are mentioning it again as it’s also an amazing way to access GPT-4 for free. If you’re new, you should know Merlin is an AI-powered Chrome extension that can intelligently act as a guide. You can summon Merlin through keyboard shortcuts or click its icon for help on various topics, including searches, articles, and more. Follow the steps below to set it up:
1. First, visit the official Merlin Chrome extension page and click “Add to Chrome.” You’ll now go through a small tutorial. That’s just there to teach you the basic steps.
2. Now, we need to pin the extension for easy access. Click on the extension menu and then the pin icon next to Merlin.
3. Now, simply head over to any website or even Google and tap the Merlin extension. A chat will open up.
4. Finally, click on the dropdown menu and select GPT-4 to get Merlin to use that. Do note that while you get 51 free queries, GPT-4 uses 10 queries at once. You can even turn on web access beside it if you wish.
5. Just like that, you’re using GPT-4 using Merlin. The extension will now use the LLM and perform any task you wish. Definitely, an easy way to access ChatGPT 4 for free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Chat GPT-4 is available for use to those who have subscribed to ChatGPT Plus.
Although there is no way to directly access Chat GPT-4 for free without subscribing to ChatGPT Plus, you can make use of it via GPT-4-integrated chatbots like Microsoft Bing, ForeFront AI, and others.
Chat GPT-4 is an AI language processing model that can analyze texts and images to provide answers to prompts that come from users of the advanced chatbot. The possibilities are endless when it comes to all that Chat GPT-4 can do.
ChatGPT Plus costs $20 per month for every region across the globe.
How can I USE GPT4 in my country? I live in Ethiopia, it asks me phone number but it does not send me codes to my number.
I can still use GPT-3 without limits. It is still damned good. 🙂
Thanks Arjun. I tried ForeFront AI and after 5 chats, I got “GPT-4 rate limit exceeded (>5 messages every 3 hours).” 🙁
I need the gbt 4 Because I can promote it
On nat.dev one cannot use anything for free. First time signup users get some credit and then after that one needs to buy credits to use any of the models.
So many thanks to Arjun for writing and sharing this time-demand.
Ora Chat GPT 4 is basically a Chat GPT-3 model. I don’t know why they have written Chat Gpt-4. When a question is asked about the version. BOT replies that it is based on Chat GPT-3. Really doesn’t make any sense. Also I read that Chat GPT 4 has the capability to answer by seeing an image.
Thanks for sharing!
Does Nat.dev or Bing have limits?
nat.dev is paid now.
I set up the huggingface machine yet it very slow to respond, it took over 240 seconds to respond, and it responded with an error