Nobody thinks of sandbox games like Minecraft as a horror game until the sun sets and it’s nighttime. Deadly mobs take over the overworld and if you don’t see them creeping up, your survival might become inevitable. The same also stands true for the scary dark Minecraft caves that recently got a makeover in the Minecraft 1.18 update. Thankfully, the solution to both your problems is brewing a Potion of Night Vision in Minecraft. It gives you the ability to see clearly at night and in darkness. In this article, we will focus on everything you need to know to make a Potion of Night Vision in Minecraft. So yeah, without further ado, let’s dive right in!
Make Potion of Night Vision in Minecraft (2022)
The Potion of Night Vision in Minecraft is one of the very few player-exclusive potions. It means that other mobs can’t use this potion to improve their vision. But other players on a multiplayer server can definitely benefit from it. Also, you should know that this tutorial will work on both Minecraft Java and Bedrock editions. With that said, let’s see what ingredients you need to make this potion.
What is a Potion of Night Vision in Minecraft?
As the name suggests, this potion gives players the ability to see clearly in low-light areas of Minecraft. It works in dark caves and at nighttime in the game. You can even use it to look underwater very clearly. Some players even use this potion while exploring the Nether dimension in the game. We have included screenshots to show you how the nighttime world in Minecraft looks after drinking the Potion of Night Vision.
Whatever your reason for its creation is, the Potion of Night Vision is one of the easiest and most-useful potions. That is, as long as you are able to find the rare ingredients required to make this potion in the game.
Items Required to Make Potion of Night Vision
Here are the items you will require to brew a Potion of Night Vision in Minecraft:
- Golden Carrot
- Awkward Potion
- Brewing Stand
- Blaze Powder
For the easy part, we already have a tutorial in place to help you make a Brewing Stand in Minecraft. It’s the main in-game tool that we will use to make every single Minecraft potion. Once it’s ready, you need to use it to make an Awkward Potion in Minecraft. It’s the base potion created by brewing nether warts in water. You will have to create an Awkward potion for a majority of the best Minecraft potions. With that out of the gate, let’s figure out how to acquire the rarer ingredients for the recipe of Potion of Night Vision.
How to Get Blaze Powder in Minecraft
The riskiest part of making most Minecraft potions revolves around obtaining blaze powder. It’s the power source for our Brewing Stand, and getting it isn’t easy. You first need to make a Nether portal in Minecraft. Then, use that portal to visit the Nether dimension and look for a Nether Fortress.
If you are lucky to find one with blazes in it, you have to fight and kill them. Doing so will get your blaze rods. Once you place these blaze rods in a Crafting table, you will finally get blaze powder in Minecraft.
How to Get Golden Carrot in Minecraft
The main ingredient for a Potion of Night Vision in Minecraft is the Golden Carrot. It’s one of the most valuable in-game food items. If you are lucky, you can find it in the chests from Nether Fortresses or Bastion Remanent. Otherwise, you can craft it, and we will teach you how to make a Golden Carrot right here:
1. First, you need to get carrots by breaking them from one of the farmlands. You can find them in various villages, and our Minecraft village seeds listicle will definitely be of great help.
2. Then, you need to find gold nuggets. You can obtain these by killing zombified piglins in the Nether. Or, you can also find them in the chests of igloos, ruined portals, shipwrecks, underwater ruins, bastion remnants, and even some villages. If you still can’t obtain them, you can place gold ingots on the Crafting table in Minecraft to convert them into gold nuggets. 1 gold ingot can be converted into 9 gold nuggets.
3. Finally, we need to combine a regular carrot with gold nuggets to make our golden carrot. To do so, open the Crafting table and place the carrot in the middle cell of the crafting area. Then, put 8 gold nuggets in every other cell and completely surround the carrot. And your golden carrot will be ready.
How to Make Potion of Night Vision in Minecraft
Once you have all the required items, making this potion is easy. Follow this recipe to learn how to brew a Potion of Night Vision in this game:
1. To begin, open your brewing stand and place blaze powder in the fuel cell on the left. The powder will automatically burn itself and start powering the stand.
2. Then, place the Awkward Potion bottles in the bottle cells at the bottom of the stand. One golden carrot can be used on up to 3 potion bottles at the same time. So, make sure to make the most out of it.
3. Finally, put the golden carrot in the middle cell next to the arrow. Then, it will start brewing the Awkward Potion into a Potion of Night Vision automatically.
How to Make Splash Potion of Night Vision
Making a splash potion helps you use it on multiple players by throwing it. All you need to do is to find a creeper and kill it. If it dies before exploding, it drops gun powder, and you need it to make a splash potion. Then, similar to how we combined golden carrot to an existing potion, you can combine it too.
To do so, open your browsing stand, and put the 3 potion bottles in the bottommost cells and the gun powder in the main cell at the top. Then, your throwable splash Potion of Splash Potion in Minecraft will be ready in no time.
Make Your Own Potion of Night Vision in Minecraft
With the ability to make a Potion of Night Vision, we hope your night adventures in the game might increase and be a little safer. Though, another way to make nights more friendly is using shaders. Installing Optifine in Minecraft allows you to do the same. But that’s only for Java users. The Bedrock players will have to rely on using RTX in Minecraft for realistic and more interesting nighttime. As for the potions, Minecraft has a variety of best potions to offer. If you think you know about a good one, share it with our readers in the comments section. You can also use the comments to reach out for any brewing queries. Someone from our team will help you resolve them.