Whether you look at the new ancient cities in Minecraft or mobs like the skeletons, ancient elements have always been a part of the game’s world. But now, it takes the forefront, thanks to the new archaeology system in the Minecraft 1.20 update. It brings new blocks, a new tool, and a bunch of decorated pots to the game. While these features are exciting, the decorated pots are a prime example of Minecraft’s creative possibility. They are sure to be an extreme hit. So, before these ancient items become new mainstream, let’s quickly figure out how to make decorated pots in Minecraft.
Make Decorated Pots in Minecraft (2023)
Note: At the moment, decorated pots and all other archaeological features are only available as experimental elements of Minecraft Snapshot 23W07A. All its mechanics and features are subject to change before the final release.
What Is a Decorated Pot in Minecraft
As the name suggests, Decorated pots are decorative blocks that are a part of the new archaeological features in Minecraft 1.20. They don’t spawn naturally in the world but can be crafted with the help of shards or bricks. Going hand-in-hand with the new armor trims of Minecraft, the decorated pots are supposed to give more creative expression to the players.
You can have a unique symbol on each face of the pot, giving you a bunch of options to decorate your builds. Furthermore, since they are shaped like building blocks, the decorated pots fit quite well with many of the best Minecraft house ideas.
Types of Decorated Pots in Minecraft
Based on the symbols on their faces, you can divide Minecraft’s decorated pots into five unique types:
- No symbol
- Arms Up
However, keep in mind that these types/ symbols are only reflected on one side of the pot. Since there are four unique sides to each pot, you can mix up different ingredients to create a pottery shard with four unique faces.
Items You Need to Make a Decorated Pot
You need the following items to make a decorated pot in Minecraft:
- 4 Pottery Shards (any)
- 4 Bricks
- 1 Crafting Table
If you want to make a decorated pot with symbols on its face, you need to collect pottery shards in Minecraft. Our linked guide will help you with the same. Meanwhile, if you want to create a standard decorated pot with no symbols, you have to get bricks. Also, remember that you can combine the bricks and pottery shards while making a pot. Minecraft gives you complete creative freedom over how each face of the pot should look like.
How to Make Bricks in Minecraft
If you wish to make a decorated pot with no symbols, you will need bricks for that. So follow these steps to easily make a brick in Minecraft:
1. First, you need to find clay blocks that generate on the surface of rivers, ponds, and oceans in Minecraft. The easiest way to find them is by checking the ponds in the lush caves biome.
2. Then, break the clay block using any tool or your hand. Each clay block drops four clay balls when mined.
3. Then, make a furnace in Minecraft and place it on a solid surface.
4. Finally, smelt your clay balls into bricks with the help of that furnace. You can use any fuel for the purpose.
Decorated Pot in Minecraft: Crafting Recipe
Now that you have all the required ingredients, follow these steps to create a decorated pot in Minecraft:
1. To begin, open your crafting table by right-clicking or using the secondary action key.
2. Then, place a pottery shard or a brick in the middle of the topmost and bottommost rows of the crafting area.
3. Finally, to finish the recipe, place a pottery shard or brick on each side of the middle row of the crafting area, leaving the middle cell empty. This recipe works with a group of pottery shards as well as a group of bricks. You can mix them up as well.
Create Decorated Pots in Minecraft
Congratulations! You have unlocked a bunch of new and exciting decorative blocks in Minecraft. Now, all that’s left is for you to use them in cool house builds and the best Minecraft farms. If you wish to use them alongside the ancient theme, we suggest you create a new Minecraft house for the Sniffer. In return, the Sniffer will help you find ancient seeds for some unique plants in Minecraft. Though, that’s an entirely different subject. For now, which decorated pot design is your favorite? Tell us in the comments below!
i made a creeper pot. 🍯