WhatsApp recently started rolling out its much awaited payment service for both Android and iPhone users. The WhatsApp Payments feature uses UPI (Unified Payments Interface) to let users send and receive money with ease. Well, it’s certainly a very handy feature but the problem is, not everybody has received the Payments feature yet and it’s not like you can just update the app to get the feature because it’s server-side rollout. Having said that, there is a way to get WhatsApp Payments on your device:
Get WhatsApp Payments on Android or iPhone
- Well, the method is simple. All you need is a friend who already has the Payments feature on WhatsApp on their device.
- You can just ask your friend to try and send money to you. After which, your friend will see a pop-up that says you need to set up WhatsApp Payments.
- Well, that is it. Now all you need to do is head over to WhatsApp Settings->Payments and tap on “Accept and Continue”.
- Then, you will be asked to link your bank account via your mobile number.
Note: If you have already set up UPI on your bank account, your mobile number will be verified and that’s it, you will be able to send and receive money. However, if you haven’t set up UPI, you will be able to do so from here itself.
Set Up UPI in WhatsApp
- Once you verify your number via SMS, you will be able to choose the bank where your account is. Just select your bank, after which the bank accounts linked with your number will show up. Select the account.
- Your bank account will then be added. Then, you will have to set up a UPI PIN to make payments. You can just verify your debit card by entering the last 6 digits on your card and adding the expiration date.
- Then, an OTP will be sent on your number, after which you will be able to create a 4-digit UPI PIN.
- That’s it. You can now just head to a chat, tap the Payment icon and send money by just entering the UPI PIN.
Set Up WhatsApp Payments on Your Smartphone
As you must have noticed, the process is very simple and the WhatsApp Payments feature is so convenient. It certainly makes sending and receiving money very easy. So, have you tried out the WhatsApp Payments feature? If yes, how do you like it? Let us know in the comments section below.