Spider-Man 2 introduces a few new mechanics that make you feel more like a web-slinger than ever before. One of these includes the ever-awaited Super Slingshot, which was shown in the gameplay trailers. This is a brand-new traversal system that allows both Peter and Miles to build tension through their webs and launch into the air to gain momentum. Super Slingshot looks cool and allows you to zoom through the concrete jungle that is New York City easily in Spider-Man 2 (read review).
Now, you don’t get this ability out of the gate, and the game requires you to unlock it with skill points. In this article, we share the process of using Slingshot launch in Spider-Man 2.
Unlock Super Slingshot in Spider-Man 2
Like other flashy skills in the game, you have to unlock the Super Slingshot to use it. Once unlocked, both Peter and Miles, can use it freely and don’t have to worry about unlocking it for each spidey individually. Moreover, the best part is that it is an opening skill and the easiest to obtain. To get the Super Slingshot skill, follow the steps below:
- Open up the game menu by pressing the DualSense touchpad. This will open the map and every corresponding menu.
- Press R2 and navigate to the “Skills” tab. This is where the skill tree lies.
- In Spider-Man 2, you have three skill trees. Two individual skill trees for Miles and Peter, and one shared for both Spider-Men. Select the shared skill tree to get to this skill.
- You will see “Slingshot Launch” at the top of the skill tree. It only requires one skill point, so select and unlock it to start using this cool ability.
Congratulations, you have now unlocked the Slingshot Launch ability in Spider-Man 2. This allows you to launch the characters in the air and gain immediate speed. Furthermore, this skill lets you quickly cover a substantial distance in the city. Super Slingshot is perfect if you want to use your web wings in Spider-Man 2 and start flying.
Use the Super Slingshot in Spider-Man 2
Now that you have unlocked the skill, it is time to know how to use it. There are primarily two ways you can use the Super Slingshot in Spider-Man 2. Both scenarios work about the same, with one requiring additional steps. However, in both instances, you perform the same steps and find yourself flinging off buildings in seconds.
1. Slingshot off a Launch Pad
The first way to use the slingshot launch properly is through the numerous launch pads available in the game. While these can feel tacky at first glance, they serve their purpose. To use it, follow the steps.
- Start roaming around NYC and look for a Slingshot Launch Pad. It will appear on your minimap denoted by the slingshot icon.
- At the launch pad, hold L2 and X to begin the Super Slingshot process. Once it reaches its extreme, release it to go soaring through the skies.
2. Slingshot Using Structures
While launchpads are one of the ways to use this skill, you can use Super Slingshot whenever you want. It wouldn’t make much sense to tie such an essential traversal technique to a launch pad and limit its potential. So, you can use it when you have enough buildings around you to stick the webbing to. Here’s how it works:
- Ensure you have buildings or a floor beneath you. This is essential as the webbing needs to get stuck to something.
- Hold L2 and X to start building the tension. Release it to launch the spidey into the air and start flying.
Following these steps will allow the spidey to slingshot itself and start using its web-wings. Alternatively, you can also start swinging across the buildings faster. These are the steps to use the Super Slingshot Launch in Spider-Man 2. Did you try using this new skill in-game? What do you think about it? Let us know in the comments below.