- Previously, Instagram did not allow users to directly save stories with music from the story creation screen, but it now does on iPhone.
- To save Instagram story with music on Android and iOS, select the story to send in a chat -> swipe up to add music -> select "Keep it in chat" -> Send -> long press on story -> Save.
- There also exist third-party tools like Storysaver.net that you can use to download Instagram Stories with music online.
While you can create stunning Instagram stories with photos, videos, music, filters, stickers, texts, and whatnot, it doesn’t allow you to download the story with music. Why, you ask? It has mostly to do with music licensing and free distribution. Nevertheless, if you still wish to save an Instagram story with music, there are a few simple ways to do so. Our guide here will help you download your Instagram stories with music, even without posting the video. In addition, you can save Instagram stories with music without making your account public too. So, on that note, let’s jump in and learn the various methods to save Instagram stories with music in your gallery.
Download Your Instagram Stories with Music on iPhone
As mentioned before, music licensing is what prevents Instagram from directly giving the ability to download stories with music. However, during our testing, we found that we were easily able to do that on iOS. This was previously not possible and seems to be a bug of sorts. Or, maybe Instagram has just rolled out this feature to iOS users? Not sure.
Either way, to use this method and download Instagram stories with music, follow these steps:
- First, open Instagram and create a story with photos, videos, stickers, and all. You should also add music at this step.
- Now, don’t publish the story. Instead, tap the three-dot icon in the top-right corner and select “Save”.
And that directly saves your Instagram story with music to the iPhone’s camera roll. You don’t even see the “Save without music?” prompt on Instagram on iOS, which is definitely weird. You only see the app process the story and download it to your device.
However, the process was not as simple as this previously and still not this simple on Android. That brings us to the next section.
Download Your Instagram Stories with Music (Android & iOS)
As we stated above, there’s a high possibility that iOS users are able to download stories with music from the story creation screen because of a glitch.
This means that Instagram may roll it back to the way it used to be. In that case, if you wake up one day and see that the easiest way of directly saving your stories with music is not working on iOS, you can follow this convoluted method. This does not require any third-party intervention. And yeah, it works with Android devices as well. Here’s how to go about it:
- Head to Instagram and once you are done creating a story with music, tap on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner instead of publishing the story.
- Then, select “Save” and the story should be saved to your device’s camera roll.
Note: On Android, we also spotted a bug on devices, which caused the story to not download after you hit save. To get around it, you have to toggle on a setting. Navigate to your Insta profile -> hamburger menu -> Settings and privacy -> Archiving and downloading -> toggle on “Save story to gallery setting.”
- Now, head to the Messages section by swiping right from the homepage. Here, open one of the chats with your close friends and tap the “camera” icon at the bottom-left corner.
- Now, choose the story (video) you just downloaded from the gallery icon in the bottom left corner.
- Now, swipe up and add music to your story. After that, make sure “Keep in chat” is selected at the bottom-left corner.
- After that, tap on “Send” in the bottom right to share the video with music in the chat.
- Once the message is delivered, tap and hold on the video to see a host of options and select “Save” to download the video to your gallery.
That’s all. You have successfully downloaded the Instagram story with music on your Android or iOS smartphone.
Save Your Instagram Story with Music After Publishing It
In case you have already published the story or want to save an old Instagram story with music, you can do that via the archives. Again, this will also work for private accounts without any reduction in quality. Follow the below steps to learn how it works:
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top-right corner and select “Archive” from the pop-up menu. Archive saves all your past stories in the cloud.
- Now, choose the story you want to download. After that, tap the three-dot icon in the bottom right corner.
- Select “Save Video” from the pop-up. The story will be saved to your camera roll but without music.
- Now, like the above method, send the story (downloaded video) as a message to one of your close people in DM and then add music.
- After that, enable the “Keep in chat” option in the bottom left corner. Finally, send the video to your friend.
- After the message is delivered, tap and hold the video message and select “Save” from the options that appear. Then, go ahead and save the Instagram Story with music.
Save Instagram Stories with Music via Third-Party Apps
Apart from the extremely tedious native method, you can save Instagram Stories with music using third-party story viewer tools as well. However, note that your Instagram account must be public to use any of the services. I would discourage users from using third-party apps as most of them force users to log in with a username and password. You must not enter your Instagram password on third-party apps to safeguard your account from any kind of mischief. That said, let’s look at one handy tool, which is Storysaver.net, that you can use:
- First, head to storysaver.net (visit) and enter your Instagram username. After that, click on “Download” and complete the captcha to retrieve all your Instagram stories.
- Next, scroll down to find all recent Instagram stories posted by you. Click on “Save as Video” here, and the story will be saved on your device with music.
- In case you want to save older stories, click “Show #Highlights” and save the story you want.
So, these are all the methods you can use to save Instagram stories with music. For most iOS users, the first trick will do the job as it does not compromise on any front and gives you the video without any reduction in quality. However, if that method stops working, you have backup methods to fall back upon.
Furthermore, if you are facing DM issues on Instagram, follow our article to find a possible solution. And if you want to turn off suggested posts on Instagram, head to our linked tutorial. Finally, if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.
with inputs from Sagnik Das Gupta