Returning to its stealthy roots and linear gameplay, Assassin’s Creed Mirage (read review) has finally launched with much fanfare. It also reintroduces some old mechanics to the fold, such as the notoriety system. First added in Assassin’s Creed 2, it makes confrontations with enemies riskier. However, while growing your notoriety meter is easy, reducing or completely removing it can leave one clueless. But fear not, as we are here with the best methods to remove notoriety in Assassin’s Creed Mirage. So, let’s take a leap of faith and dive right in!
Let’s first focus on the elephant in the room. You have gracefully annihilated a few guards, and people in the streets of Baghdad have seen you doing it. Not only that, but the random guard, who we’ll call John here, had a friend. Tom and his friend were pretty close, and you’ve gone ahead and slain John, angering his friend and every other colleague. Now, the entire Baghdad security is hot on your heels, trying to take you out.
You will see a notoriety meter at the bottom right of your screen, which has three levels. Fortunately, it is possible to reduce/ remove your unwanted popularity. We have explained two methods to reduce your notoriety in Assassin’s Creed Mirage, and both are simple. Let’s look at them here:
Method 1: Remove Wanted Posters
The first way to reduce your notoriety is to tear up your wanted posters plastered on walls in Baghdad. This process is easy, so follow the steps below.
- You’ll see a paper logo on your on-screen compass when you reach a certain level of notoriety. Start following it.
- Once near the location, you will see a shining poster on the wall. Go towards it and press triangle/Y to tear it off.
Following this step will drop your notoriety level by one tier. Do this two more times, and your notoriety level should return to normal. This system follows the method we’ve seen in Assassin’s Creed 2, and it’s a nice throwback to older times.
Method 2: Bribe Town Speakers
When you reach any level of notoriety in Assassin’s Creed Mirage, the town speakers from the Caliphate will start warning the citizens about you. Unsurprisingly, the best way to remove your notoriety in Mirage is through them. Here’s how:
- You will see a torn poster logo appearing on your on-screen compass once you reach notoriety. Follow the logo to track down a town speaker.
- Once you track the speaker, ensure that you have a power token in your possession. You can get tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage in a number of different ways. Open up your inventory to check the same.
- With a power token in your possession, talk with the speaker and press the Triangle/Y button. This will instantly remove your wanted level in the city.
These are the only two methods to reduce your wanted level in Assassin’s Creed Mirage. The game skips the assassination system from the second title, where you eliminate officials or important soldiers to remove your notoriety. Having these options might’ve made the system much more engaging. The current system is a little undercooked in the sense that it’s simplistic. Nevertheless, it gets the point across that your actions have consequences.
So, do you plan on playing Assassin’s Creed Mirage? If you already did, how is your experience with the game? Do tell us in the comments below.