Assassin’s Creed Mirage delivers gameplay that returns to the franchise’s roots, bringing back old mechanics like bribery and tying them to new features like the token system. An item you collect at numerous points throughout the game, these tokens help you gain favors from people in various situations. However, tokens are an exhaustible resource, so you must gather them frequently. And this might catch you off-guard since the game barely tells you how to do that. But fear not, as we have shared three methods to get favor tokens in AC Mirage. So, if you are out of them and want to get more, read on.
Get Favor Tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage
There are three main ways to earn tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage. These tokens help you in various situations. Some reduce purchase costs for items, while others assist you in removing your notoriety in-game. Regardless of the usability of these items being limited, they come in handy at many points. If you run out of tokens, obtain them through these methods.
1. Finish Contract Requests at Hideouts
When you visit hideouts in Assassin’s Creed Mirage, you’ll see a board where you can pick various jobs. Each job has a requirement set by the client. Successfully finishing and fulfilling the client’s request will reward you with tokens.
Each job provides a different token, so pick and complete the ones that provide you with the one you require. Once completed, you’ll have more jobs listed there, so you can always return and retrieve some more tokens. Furthermore, this method also provides you with some enjoyable and engaging experiences throughout the game once you finish the main game.
2. Loot Chests Around the World
Following in the footsteps of the older games, Assassin’s Creed Mirage has chests littered across the map. These chests offer various items. Sometimes, they provide you with materials to upgrade your weapons and tools. Other times, it can be an armor or weapon.
Similarly, you can get tokens from these chests. Since the contents of chests are randomized, it’s difficult to pinpoint the exact ones from which you can get tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage. However, if you run out of them, turn on your eagle vision and track down a chest.
3. Pickpocket to Get AC Mirage Tokens
The final and easiest step to collect favor tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage is by pickpocketing. The pickpocket system has returned in this title and has an additional mini-game attached to it. While the mini-game isn’t complex, it makes pickpocketing an engaging player experience. Furthermore, you cannot pickpocket everyone and only a few people in the crowd. To get tokens through this method, follow these steps:
- Scan your immediate area using Eagle Vision. Doing so highlights the pouches on people that you can pickpocket. Golden ones contain the tokens.
- Go near the person with a highlighted pouch and press Triangle/Y to start pickpocketing.
- Press Triangle/Y again when the line is inside the blue area. Doing so, you will successfully pickpocket a person.
Like chests, tokens from pickpockets are randomized. However, this is the easiest and most assured way to gather tokens from people. The game frequently provides you with them alongside sellable trinkets if you successfully pickpocket. As such, try following this method if you run out of tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage.
Uses of Favor Tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage
Many might ask a general question: what is the use of these tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage? After all, you can get them frequently if you pickpocket at random intervals. And chances are that you randomly pickpocket a person of your free will.
Tokens are used to get favors out of people in the game. Since the citizens of Baghdad are secretly plotting against the Order, these tokens hold importance among them. They are only given to people who hold high importance in the city. As such, if you possess tokens, you gain unconditional assistance from these people. There are three types of tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage, and each serves a different purpose:
- The yellow tokens are called the power tokens. These are generally used for hiring mercenaries to distract enemies at a stronghold or pay off guards to look the other way when you sneak in. Furthermore, power tokens help remove notoriety in-game by bribing the city speakers.
- The grey tokens are called scholar tokens. These are used to hire court singers and scholars of Baghdad. They can help to distract the guards while you perform your assassination duties.
- The green tokens are called merchant tokens. As it says in the name, you can use them with merchants to receive discounts on items or upgrade purchases.
Not only that, tokens are used in certain sections of the main storyline to bribe individuals. As such, having them in your possession never hurts, and you will see yourself using them quite frequently. Hopefully, with these methods, you will be able to gather numerous tokens to help you in your Baghdad adventures in Assassin’s Creed Mirage (read review).