As we noted in our article on the upcoming features of Microsoft Teams, Together Mode is finally here for general users. Microsoft Teams now allows you to bring together 49 participants in a room-like environment by segmenting the faces using AI in real-time. Together Mode works really well and you must give it a try. If you are interested, you can follow our guide and learn how to enable Together Mode in Microsoft Teams. In addition, this guide will also enable the new meeting controls for you. With that in mind, let’s now go through the tutorial.
Enable Together Mode in Microsoft Teams
1. First of all, update Microsoft Teams to the latest version so that you get all the new features. You can download the latest build from here.
2. Now, click on your profile menu located at the top-right corner and open “Settings”.
3. Under the “General” tab, enable the toggle for “Turn on new meeting experience“. If the option is not available for you then you may have to wait a little longer as the feature is being rolled out gradually.
4. Once you have done that, just go ahead and place a group call in Microsoft Teams. Now, click on the 3-dot menu on the top-right corner and click on “Together Mode”.
5. Microsoft Teams will now segment the faces using AI and bring everyone together. How cool is that? Keep in mind, you at least need 5 participants to enable Together Mode in Microsoft Teams and it can fit a total of 49 users. For instance, this is how it will look.
Enjoy The 49-person View in Microsoft Teams
So that is how you can turn on Together Mode in Microsoft Teams. I definitely love this feature as you are able to see everyone’s body language in a single pane instead of multiple windows. Currently, Teams only comes with the Auditorium background, but soon it will add previews of coffee shops and other room-like environments. Anyway, that is all from us. If you found the article interesting then you will surely love to change the background in Microsoft Teams for one-on-one calls.