Baizhu is a character that’s not talked about or brought up often because he’s a completely support and healing-oriented character. That’s because healers aren’t given the attention they deserve and players are too obsessed with dealing with huge numbers. And this is not the player’s fault but rather HoYoverse’s since a character either needs to deal huge damage or provide buffs that make them worth considering. Baizhu does both but is limited to Dendro reactions. However, with his rerun in Genshin Impact 4.2. if you’re considering building him, in this article, let’s look at the best builds and weapons for Baizhu in Genshin Impact.
Best Baizhu Builds in Genshin Impact
The best build for Baizhu is Jadefall’s Splendor combined with the 4-piece Deepwood Memories artifact set. All you need is HP% Goblet, Sands, and Circlet, and have as much HP on Baizhu as possible to maximize his healing and the elemental reactions buff you get from his passives. Besides, ensure you have a respectable Elemental Mastery in sub-stats to aid in better reaction damage numbers. Here’s a list of all the great build artifacts you can have on him.
- 4-piece Deepwood Memories (Great for boosting overall damage)
- 4-piece Ocean-Hued Clam (Great for Healing Build)
- 2-piece Millelith + 2-piece Deepwood Memories (For healing and Dendro damage)
- 4-piece Noblesse Oblige (For Aggravate teams)
|Artifact||Main / Sub-Stat|
|Flower||Flat HP / HP% > ER% > EM > Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate|
|Feather||ATK / HP% > ER% > EM > Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate|
|Sands||HP% / ER% > EM > Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate|
|Goblet||HP% / ER% > EM > Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate|
|Circlet||HP% / ER% > EM > Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate|
Since Baizhu’s Healing and Passive are more effective the more HP you have on him, go for HP% for the Sands, Goblet, and Circlet. Do remember that your Baizhu won’t provide extra buffs if his HP exceeds 50,000. Hence, if yours exceeds the same, swap out one of the Sands, Goblet, and Circlet for an ER% Sands/Goblet/Circlet.
4-piece Deepwood Memories or 4-piece Ocean-Hued Clam are both excellent choices for Baizhu. The former helps increase Dendro Damage by 15% and the 4-piece decreases the opponent’s Dendro resistance by 30%, which, combined with Baizhu’s passive, should considerably increase the overall damage of Burning, Bloom, Hyperbloom, and Burgeon by 2% per 1000 HP (100% max) and Spread and Aggravate damage by 0.8% per 1000 HP (40% max).
Ocean-Hued Clam, on the other hand, is a great artifact for healer Baizhu. A 2-piece set grants the user a 15% Healing Bonus while a 4-piece increases damage based on HP.
Baizhu Build: Talents
Baizhu has a great mix of skills that give him a unique play style that’s a mix of both Zhongli and Kokomi. Here are all his talents.
- Normal Attack – The Classics of Acupuncture: Performs four consecutive attacks that deal Dendro damage, a charged attack that consumes certain stamina and deals AoE Dendro Damage, and a plunging attack that, upon impact, also deals Dendro Damage.
- Elemental Skill – Universal Diagnosis: Controls a Gossamer Sprite that attacks nearby enemies one after another, dealing Dendro damage. After three attacks, the same returns and heals all party members based on Baizhu’s max HP.
- Elemental Burst – Holistic Revivification: Baizhu enters into a “Pulsing Clarity State” and creates a shield that absorbs Dendro damage with 250% effectiveness. In this state, Baizhu generates a new shield every 2.5 seconds.
This shield will heal your character based on Baizhu’s Max HP as well as attack enemies by using Spiritveins which deal Dendro damage when — A character is protected by Seamless Sheld, a new shield is generated, and when the shield expires.
Baizhu shines as a support and healer and his passives play a massive role in aiding the party, both with healing bonus and attack buffs.
- Passive-1 – Five Fortunes Forever: Baizhu gains different effects based on the current HP of the active character. If HP is less than 50%, Baizhu gains a 20% healing bonus. If it’s greater than 50%, Baizhu gains a 25% Dendro Damage bonus.
- Passive-2 – All Things Are of the Earth: When healed by the shield, characters gain the Year of Verdant Favor where for every 1000 HP of Baizhu, the characters gain 2% of Burning, Bloom, Hyperbloom, and Burgeon damage bonus (Up to 50,000 HP and max 100%). Similarly, they gain a 0.8% Aggravate and Spread bonus ( up to 50,000 HP and max 40%).
- Passive-3 – Herbal Nourishment: When Baizhu is in the party and you pick up harvestable items from the surroundings, he will heal your currently active character for 2.5% of his Max HP.
Best Baizhu Weapons
Jadefall’s Splendor is one of the best weapons for Baizhu; It is his signature weapon in the end. However, like most people, if you can’t afford to pull on the weapon banner, there are other options. As HP is one of the main things to focus on when building Baizhu, it’s preferable to have the HP sub-stat on the weapon. Some of the catalysts with HP% as a sub-stat and decent passive for Baizhu are:
- Jadefall’s Splendor (Best overall weapon)
- Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers (Best for support)
- Prototype Amber (Great for heal support)
- Favonius Codex (Great for making up for low Energy Recharge)
- Wandering Evenstar (Great for making up for low Elemental Mastery)
Is Baizhu Worth Wishing For?
Baizhu is a great support and healer and is worth adding if you need continuous healing because of your bad dodging shields. Not to mention, he can also shield and drastically increase the overall damage from reactions. However, if you already have shielders like Zhongli or a healer like Samgonomiya Kokomi, you may skip Baizhu. Overall, he falls in the B-Tier category in our Genshin Impact Character tier list.
And that was our Baizhu build in Genshin Impact. Are you pulling for Baizhu in Genshin Impact 4.2 or Furina? Let us know in the comments section below.