The Pokemon Go game for Android smartphones and iOS is breaking the internet and while it wasn’t expected, it was bound to happen, considering the app’s novelty. The augmented reality game from the folks at Niantic has taken the world by storm and the game’s popularity on social networks is proof of its impact on people. Sadly, not everyone has been able to become a part of the Pokemon Go phenomenon due to the fact that Niantic has only made the game available in US, Australia and NZ, due to issues with server overload.
While you can get it on your iPhone even if it’s not available in your country through a trick, Android users have to rely on APK files of the game to install it. However, the game’s popularity has also attracted the attention of scammers, so there’s always the risk of malware getting into your device with these APKs. Well, we have some good news for all you Pokemon fans. There’s a way to install Pokemon Go from Play Store in any country. Here’s how:
Note: This method does not work if the Google account on your Android device has a payment method enabled or a Google Wallet account. So, use a Google account that does not have either one or simply create a new account.
1. You will need to fake your device’s location to install Pokemon Go on your device. So, first, install a location faker app like Fake Location Spoofer or Fake GPS, as well as a VPN app. While we used We used TunnelBear, you can choose from our list of VPN apps for Android.
2. After you have installed the app on your Android device, head over to Settings->Developer Options and in the “Debugging” section, tap on “Select mock location app“. Here, select the Fake Location Spoofer app or any other location faker app you’ve installed.
Note: To enable Developer Options, go to Settings->About phone and tap on the “Build number” 7 times.
3. Once done, go to Settings->Location->Mode and set it to “Device only“. Then, open the Fake Location Spoofer app and search for either US, Australia or NZ and hit the play button, to start faking your location.
4. Then, open the VPN app you’ve installed and connect it with the virtual location being US, Australia or NZ, whichever one you chose in the Fake Location Spoofer app.
5. After that, go to Settings->Apps->Google Play Store and in the app info page, enter “Storage” and tap on “Clear data“.
6. Then, go to the Play Store link of Pokemon Go and the Play Store should open up afresh. Accept the prompts and you should see the “Install” button.
7. Hit the install button, after which Google will prompt you to complete account setup for Play Store by adding a payment method. Here, tap on “Skip” and the game will start downloading.
SEE ALSO: How to Play Pokemon Go: A Beginner’s Guide
Get Pokemon Go in any country through the Play Store
Downloading and installing the Pokemon Go game through an APK file is undoubtedly the easiest way to get the game if it’s not available in your country. However, easy does not really go synonymous with secure, so it’s always better to install apps from the Play Store. We have tried and tested the aforementioned method and it works as you’d expect it to be. So, go ahead, try it and install Pokemon Go on your Android device. Do let us know if you face any issues. Good luck catching ’em all!