- YouTube Music Recap 2023 is out now and you can get access to it via the Android or iOS YT Music app.
- YouTube Music allows you to get access to your yearly Recap only if you have at least 10 hours of music streaming in.
- To access your Recap, open the YouTube Music app on Android or iOS -> tap on your profile icon at the top right corner -> select Your Recap -> tap on Get your Recap.
Unlike Apple Music, your listening stats on YouTube Music and Spotify are not available throughout the year. However, it is that time of the year when both platforms release their stats for the previous year. Thanks to these, you get to know which track, artist, or album you have listened to the most, a great way to recap your musical journey for the year. So, if you are like me and use YouTube Music, you will be happy to know that YouTube Music Recap 2023 is getting rolled out now. So, here’s how to unlock and access it!
Access Your YouTube Music Recap 2023
First things first, you need to get in at least 10 hours of music streaming to unlock your YouTube Music Recap this year. Also, do note that you can access the YT Music Recap only on the Android and iOS app, unlike Spotify Wrapped, which can be accessed via the web as well.
Now, the good thing is that the way to access your recap is the same on both platforms. So, in this case, we have used an Android device to show you how it works. Follow the steps below:
1. Open the YouTube Music app on your iPhone or Android device and tap on your profile icon at the top right corner.
2. Then, select Your Recap from here to head over to the official Recap feed page.
Note: YouTube Music Recap does not always consistently roll out to everyone at the same time like Spotify Wrapped. So, if you see the “Nothing to hear here” error message in your Recap page, don’t worry, it will unlock for you too eventually.
3. Once in your 2023 Recap page, tap on the “Get your Recap” button. You will be able to see your YT Music Recap stats here. Tap on the left and right corner of these slides to browse through them.
Download/ Share Your YouTube Music Recap
1. To download your Recap slides, you will need to tap on the Your Recap button first on your Recap page and get to the statistics slides.
2. After that, once you start viewing your Recap slides, you will see a small Download button at the bottom left of each slide. Tap on this to download the slide to your camera roll.
3. To share these slides on your social media, you can tap on the big Share button at the bottom.
If you ask me, simply downloading the slides you want to share saves you the hassle of having to constantly revisit your Recap page and tapping on the Share button. So, I downloaded and saved them all to my camera roll, ready to be shared wherever and whenever I want to.
According to a YouTube support page, just typing in “Recap” in your YouTube Music search will also allow you to find your recap playlist. However, this didn’t work for us and neither could we find any additional way to access the 2023 Recap playlist. Furthermore, a cool little feature that I really liked was the new “Your Album Art“ on YT Music Recap, which uses colors from the album art of your top tracks that YouTube introduced this year. Did you get your YouTube Music Recap 2023? Let us know in the comments below.
Unlike Spotify, YouTube Music also rolls out seasonal recaps alongside their yearly recaps. However, you won’t be able to view your seasonal recaps if you have set your auto-delete YouTube History to more than 3 months. Also, you will need to listen to at least 4 hours of music to access your seasonal recaps. For any other queries, you can visit the official YouTube support page.
YouTube takes time to eventually roll out their Recap to everyone. So, if you are seeing the “Nothing to hear here” message on your Recap page, don’t worry, give it time. It will reach you in some time. Also, do note that you will need to listen to at least 10 hours of music for your yearly recap to be unlocked. If you are someone who mostly listens to tracks on YouTube Music offline after downloading them, it doesn’t count towards those 10 hours.
When accessing your YouTube Music Recap, you will come across your most listened to music, albums, artists, and every single stat on there in the form of slides. You can simply download these slides to your device camera roll from there.