- In LEGO Fortnite, cut amber is an essential mid-game resource that helps you craft tools like essence tables and totems.
- To make cut ambers in LEGO Fortnite, you need to build a Gem Cutter using 20 marble slabs, 5 rough ambers, 5 sand claws, and 3 sand shells.
- After unlocking the cut amber recipe, you can also assign the gem collecting job to a villager and get cut amber from them.
Cut amber is a resource material in LEGO Fortnite that helps you build important utilities like the Essence table and some important totems. This helps you progress in the mid-stages of the game as you find powerful enemy creatures and difficult locations. As an uncommon resource, it takes some effort to obtain cut amber. If you are unable to find this resource, don’t worry as we have mentioned all the methods to get cut amber in LEGO Fortnite below.
Make Cut Amber in LEGO Fortnite
Find Rough Amber in Dry Valley
To obtain cut amber, you have to start by finding rough ambers in LEGO Fortnite. You find rough ambers only in the dry valley (desert biome). Explore your map to locate some dry and deserted places. Make sure you keep yourself cold to enter this extremely warm environment.
Once you reach there, locate yellow stones peeking out from the mountains and mine them using your Uncommon Pickaxe.
You will need rough ambers to build the Gem Cutter. You can only get cut amber through the Gem Cutter. So make sure you gather a lot of rough ambers before moving to the next step.
Build a Gem Cutter
After collecting rough amber from the dry valley, you will also need some other resources to build the Gem Cutter. To build a Gem Cutter, you need 20 marble slabs, 5 rough ambers, 5 sand claws, and 3 sand shells.
- Once you have the required ingredients, click the build button (Q on PC, Circle on PS, and B on Xbox).
- Then, select the tall green machine with a white roof and place it on the ground with a click. This is the Gem Cutter.
Craft Cut Amber
- Now, look towards the Gem Cutter Bench and click the interact button (E on PC, Square/ X on consoles).
- Then, select the cut amber recipe and click on quick deposit to input the ingredients. Press the + button (D-pad on consoles) to add the rough amber to the machine.
- Finally, after the processing is done, click the Take option (W on PC, Y on Xbox, and Triangle on PS4/5).
Note: Remember that one rough amber will give one cut amber, and you can only deposit a maximum of 30 marbles in one go.
Get Cut Amber from Your Villagers
Polishing rough ambers all day got your hands rough? You can always ask your companion villagers to do the refining job for you, while you explore the world and do other activities.
Make sure you have built the Gem Cutter in your village before asking the villager for help. You will also have to unlock the cut amber recipe by obtaining rough ambers from the dry valley. Once that’s done, you can assign villagers to the cut amber job in LEGO Fortnite. Here’s how:
Assign Gem Collecting Job
- Go to any of your recruited villagers and click the interact button (E on PC, Square on PS, X on Xbox).
- Now, select the Let’s talk jobs! option from the chat menu.
- After that, select the Help the village option.
- From the next prompt, select Refining Jobs.
- Finally, select Collect Gems to get your villager started on the job.
Get Cut Amber from Villager
Once you ask a villager to work on collecting gems, they will take some time to produce the required materials. It can take up to one in-game day, around 30 minutes in real-time. To collect the cut ambers from the villagers, follow the steps below:
- Go to the same villager you assigned the job and click the interact button (E on PC, Square on PS, and X on Xbox).
- Now, select the How’s your job? option from the chat prompt.
- Next, you will see the resources you can get from villagers. Here, select the Get Cut Amber option to receive the resource in your inventory.
Grab your shiny cut ambers and store them in your medium chests in LEGO Fortnite. Tell us in the comments about the first thing you plan to craft with cut amber.