Shadowheart is one of the numerous NPCs that you will employ to assist you in Baldur’s Gate 3. However, there’s a chance of missing the opportunity of rescuing her in your first encounter. While the process is simple, the encounter happens at a rather chaotic moment, which might throw people out of the loop. In this article, we will teach you how to free Shadowheart in Baldur’s Gate 3.
How to Rescue Shadowheart in Baldur’s Gate 3
There is only one way to rescue Shadowheart when you meet her in Baldur’s Gate 3. Though there are no consequences for ignoring her the first time in the game, recruiting her can become tricky in the later encounter. To rescue and recruit her, follow the below steps.
- After meeting La’Zael and finishing the tutorial fight, head to the top of the ship and follow the route mentioned below.
- Enter the room with a console at the front and a few pods. Interacting with the pod will start a conversation with Shadowheart. She requests you to rescue her from the captivity. La’Zael, on the other hand, instructs you to ignore her, as the ship is going down and time is of the utmost essence.
- Check out the various conversation options, and then leave the screen. Right beside the pod, there is a console. Interacting with it says that the console needs an artifact to turn it on. You cannot interact with the console yet in order to rescue Shadowheart in Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Escape the screen and head to the door marked in the image. You will find a dead Mind-Flayer on the ground. Interact with it.
- The Mind-Flayer contains a key for a chest. Pick everything on the Mind-Flayer and return to the room. It has a key that unlocks a locked elaborate reliquary, which is essentially a chest. This chest contains the tablet you need to activate the console and rescue Shadowheart in Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Interacting with the locked elaborate reliquary will provide you with an Eldritch Rune and Onyx. It’s the rune that you require to interact with the console.
- Go back to the console and select the option to insert the eldritch rune. Then, interact with the console to rescue her.
You will now have the chance to bring Shadowheart into your party. Learn how to change party members in Baldur’s Gate 3 through the linked guide.
What Happens If You Don’t Rescue Shadowheart
Baldur’s Gate 3 is all about player choices, and yeah, you can ignore Shadowheart during the first encounter. If you do so, don’t worry. You don’t lose the option of recruiting her forever. After finishing the prologue and exploring the beginning hours of the island, you will find her in the dank crypt.
If you do ignore or refuse to team up with her at the successive encounters, things take a dark turn. Thus, we suggest you recruit this adept cleric class NPC in Baldur’s Gate to your party.