- Gaming is a 4-star Pyro DPS character with the Claymore weapon type, and will be released in the first phase of the Genshin Impact 4.4 version.
- The 4-piece Marechaussee Hunter set is his best Artifact set. Verdict is his best weapon in Genshin Impact.
- A Vape team is best for Gaming, paired with Furina, Yelan and Bennet. Melt and Overload teams are also good alternatives.
Gaming is a 4-star Pyro DPS unit wielding a Claymore and he is going to feature in the upcoming Genshin Impact 4.4 version in the Xianyun banner. Gaming was previously released as the Lion boy but was later confirmed as Gaming, which is another very unorthodox name for HoYoverse. Gaming’s kit is very strong for a 4-star character and with the correct build, can even rival many 5-star DPS characters. Here is how you can best build Gaming in Genshin Impact.
Who is Gaming in Genshin Impact
Gaming is from Liyue and is known to operate around Liyue Harbor. He was previously named the Lion Boy, which was later changed to Gaming. Gaming is a kind-hearted hardworking kid and a resident of the Qiaoying Village. Described as talkative and full of zeal, and everyone loves spending time with him.
He spends much of his time traveling between Liyue Harbor and Yilong Wharf due to his occupation as a transport guard. In his spare time, Gaming performs as Wushou Dancer and dreams about making a living as a Wushou Dancer.
Genshin Impact Gaming Release Date
Gaming is going to be released on the Xianyun banner in the first phase of the Genshin Impact 4.4 banners. The Genshin Impact 4.4 version will be released on January 31, 2024, and Phase 1 will last until February 21.
Gaming’s Talent, Passives, & Best Rotation
Gaming has a strong kit with strong DPS Talents and Passives. Let’s take a closer look at his Talents and Passive to find out his best rotation.
Gaming’s Talents in Genshin Impact
- Stellar Rend (Normal Attack): He performs up to 4 consecutive strikes, does a continuous stamina draining spinning charged attack, and an AoE plunge attack from mid-air.
- Bestial Ascent (Elemental Skill): Gaming pounces forward using the Wushou arts, leaping high into the air after coming into contact with a target or surface. Once he is in the air, he will use the Cloudstrider Plunging attack instead of his normal plunging attack, which deals Pyro Damage and cannot be overridden by other elemental infusions. Gaming then consumes a fixed amount of his HP after landing and his HP cannot be reduced below 10% by this method.
- Suanni’s Gilded Dance (Elemental Burst): He enters the Wushou Stance, which applies Pyro briefly on him, also recovering a fixed amount of HP, and summoning the Suanni Man Chai, his companion, to smash into enemies and deal AoE Pyro Damage. After hitting a target, Mai Chai will roll to a nearby location before moving towards Gaming. Once it links up with Gaming, it resets the cooldown for his Elemental Skill. When Wushou Stance is active, increases Gaming’s resistance to interruption, and landing with Charmed Cloudstrider attack or completes the forward pounce attack from Bestial Ascent with over 50% HP, summons Man Chai again. Only 1 Man Chai can be active on the field simultaneously and the effect is canceled when Gaming leaves the field.
Gaming’s kit is more focused on his Elemental Skill’s plunge attack. His Normal attacks are nothing special, but they do have a good damage multiplier and a normal internal cooldown. Gaming’s Elemental Skill does AoE Pyro plunge attack with a 6-second cooldown and it will be his main source of damage.
His Elemental Burst applies Pyro on him for a limited time and summons Suanni Man Chai, who deals AoE Pyro Damage on hit. His Elemental Skill also reduces his Max HP by 15% and the Elemental Burst heals him by 30% of his Max HP.
Gaming’s Talent Priority should be: Skill > Burst > Normal Attacks.
Gaming’s ideal combo rotation is Skill > Burst > Skill > Skill > Normal Attack > Normal Attack > Normal Attacks > Skill > Normal Attacks > Normal Attack > Normal Attack. If you have Xianyun in the team, you can alternate with Normal Plunge attacks and Skill instead of Normal Attack combo.
Gaming’s Passives in Genshin Impact
- The Striding Beast: Increases party members’ movement speed by 10% at Day (between 6:00 to 18:00). This effect doesn’t work in Domains, Trounce Domains, or Spiral Abyss and is non-stackable with other similar effects.
- Dance of Amity: Gaming regains 1.5% of his Max HP once every 0.2 seconds for 0.8 seconds when his Elemental Skill attack hits an enemy.
- Air of Prosperity: Gaming receives a 20% healing bonus when he has less than 50% HP. Furthermore, his Charmed Cloudstrider plunging attack deals 20% more damage when he has 50% or more HP.
Artifacts, Main and Sub Stats for Best Gaming Build
- 4-Piece Marechaussee Hunter
- 4-Piece Vermillion Hereafter
- 4-Piece Crimson Witch
The 4-piece Marechaussee Hunter set is the best Artifact set for Gaming. The Crit boost from the 4-piece set is still going to considerably boost his damage. Besides that, you can also use the 4-piece Vermillion Hereafter set and the 4-piece Crimson Witch set.
|Main / Sub-Stat
|HP / ER% > EM > Crit Damage = Crit Rate > Attack %
|Attack / ER% > EM > Crit Damage = Crit Rate > Attack %
|Attack % / ER% > EM > Crit Damage = Crit Rate > Attack %
|Pyro Damage / ER% > EM > Crit Damage = Crit Rate > Attack %
|Crit Damage = Crit Rate > EM / ER% > EM > Crit Damage = Crit Rate > Attack %
When it comes to Gaming’s main stats in Genshin Impact, add Attack % for Sand, Pyro damage boost for Goblet, and Crit Damage or Crit Rate for Circlet. For sub-stats, focus on hitting the 175 ER% (or 155 ER% with his C4), next focus on hitting the 200 EM and at least 75:150 Crit Stats.
Best Weapon for Gaming in Genshin Impact
- Verdict (Best for Gaming)
- Skyward Pride (Best Alternative)
- Rainslasher (Best 4-Star option)
Verdict is the best Weapon for Gaming in Genshin Impact without any added conditions. Its massive Attack and Crit bonus is still the best option for Gaming. Next, Skyward Pride is a great alternative and can be better than Verdict for Gaming if you are using the Vacuum blades. The Rainslasher can is also a great 4-star Claymore option for Gaming.
Gaming Level Up and Skill Ascension Materials
All Level-Up Materials for Gaming:
Materials Quantity Mora 420k Agnidus Agate Sliver 1 Starconch 168 Slime Condensate 18 Agnidus Agate Fragment 9 Emperor’s Resolution 46 Slime Secretions 30 Agnidus Agate Chunk 9 Slime Concentrate 36 Agnidus Agate Gemstone 6
All Skill Ascension Materials for Gaming:
Materials Quantity Mora 1653k Teachings of Prosperity 3 Slime Condensate 6 Guide to Prosperity 21 Slime Secretions 22 Philosophies of Prosperity 38 Slime Concentrate 31 Lightless Mass 6 Crown of Insight 1
Gaming Constellations in Genshin Impact
- Bringer of Blessing (C1): Heals 15% of Gaming’s HP when Suanni Man Chai links back with Gaming from his Elemental Burst.
- Plum Blossoms Underfoot (C2): When Gaming receives healing and that instance of healing overflows, his Attack is increased by 20% for 5 seconds.
- Awakening Spirit (C3): Bestial Ascent Level + 3, up to Level 15 max.
- Soar Across Mountains (C4): Restores 2 energy to Gaming when the Elemental Skill’s Plunging Attack hits the enemy. This effect can only be triggered once every 0.2 seconds.
- Demon-Daunting Roar (C5): Suanni’s Gilded Dance + 3, up to Level 15 max.
- To Tame All Beasts (C6): Crit Rate of his Plunging Attack from his Elemental Skill is increased 20% and Crit Damage is increased by 40%. This constellation also increases the Attack Radius of the elemental skill.
Gaming’s Constellations are mostly slight damage increases for his kit, other than the C6. His C6 becomes almost necessary if you plan to play Gaming as a main DPS, as it significantly increases his total damage output and even makes it comparable to many 5-star units.
Genshin Impact: Best Team Comps for Gaming
|Support / Sub-DPS
A Vape team is best for Gaming, paired with Furina, Yelan, and Bennet. You can always swap the characters with others, like Xingqiu for Furina, and Sucrose or Kazuha for Yelan. Gaming’s Vaporize reactions will bring out the most damage output. You can also use Melt, Mono Pyro, and Overload teams.
Should You Pull for Gaming in Genshin Impact?
Gaming is a good 4-star Pyro DPS unit but his damage only becomes significant with his C6. Other than that, he doesn’t have any support ability and only has minimal self-healing. Gaming is good for new players who are looking for their first good Main DPS unit. But he is going to be a pass for players with a lot of 5-star DPS characters.