- Motorola has released an official list of devices that will get the Android 14 update.
- Moto Razr 40 and 40 Ultra will probably be the first Moto phones to get Android 14.
- Some of the popular mid-range devices eligible for the update are Moto G84, Moto G54, Moto G23, and Moto G14.
For the last few months, manufacturers have been hard at work updating their older devices to their promised Android versions. For those unaware, Android 14 landed last year, bringing a host of new features and improvements. If you use a Motorola phone, the company has released an official list of Moto devices that will get the Android 14 update.
Out of all popular manufacturers, Motorola is not consistent both in terms of years of updates and ensuring that they arrive on time. Most mid-range Moto devices are only entitled to one major Android update, while the upper-midrange devices get almost two major updates, a far cry from manufacturers like Xiaomi, who offers three major updates on most of their new mid-range devices, and Google and Samsung who now offer 7 years of OS updates.
Moto Phones Eligible to Receive Android 14 Update
That said, here are all the Moto smartphones that will be getting the latest Android 14-based MyUX update:
Motorola Razr series
- Motorola Razr 40 Ultra
- Motorola Razr 40
- Motorola Razr 2022
Motorola Edge series
- Motorola Edge 40 / 40 Pro / 40 Neo
- Motorola Egde 30 / 30 Pro / 30 Ultra / 30 Neo / 30 Fusion
Moto G series
- Motorola Moto G84
- Motorola Moto G73
- Motorola Moto G54 / Moto G53
- Motorola Moto G23
- Motorola Moto G14
Other Motorola / Lenovo devices
- Lenovo ThinkPhone
Considering it’s Moto, the updates may take a long time before they hit the devices. Android 14 for the Motorola Razr and Edge series could roll out soon, but considering the company’s track record, we’re probably being over-optimistic here, but the update might arrive in Q2 or Q3.
What are your thoughts about Motorola and its Android updates policy? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.