Instagram is, no doubt, one of the best social media platforms in the world right now. However, you don’t necessarily have to be a part of the platform to view posts on Instagram. You can view Instagram posts, reels, and stories without an account as well. Whether you want to stalk your favorite celebrities, go through Instagram meme pages, or just stay up-to-date with your friends’ social lives, you can do it all by not being an actual Instagrammer. If you fit the profile, it’s time to learn how to view Instagram without an account.
Things You Cannot Do Without an Instagram Account
Not having an Instagram account greatly limits what you can do on the platform. Here’s a quick rundown of everything you cannot do without an Instagram account:
- Connecting or directly sending messages to Instagram users
- Viewing Instagram stories
- Commenting on Instagram posts
- Saving Instagram posts
- Posting anything on Instagram
- View posts, stories, and reels of a private account
How to View Instagram Posts and Reels without an Account
If you want to see Instagram posts and reels without an account, there is a pretty simple way of doing it. Moreover, it does not require you to download and install any third-party apps either. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Open any internet browser on a PC or smartphone and in the address bar type the following, replacing username with the Instagram username for which you want to see posts:
2. You will be redirected to that particular Instagram account.
3. Now, scroll down to see all the posts of this Instagram user.
Note: You can go through a public Instagram profile using this method but Instagram will prompt you to sign up/ log in each time you scroll down. Simply close the pop-up and keep scrolling.
4. Then, right-click on the post you want to view and select Open link in new tab. Then, in the new tab, you will be able to view the post without encountering the dreaded Instagram login page.
How to View Instagram Stories without an Account
The previous method will work only with Instagram posts and reels. However, it will not allow you to view Instagram stories anonymously, and that’s a bummer. The good thing is that there are tons of third-party Instagram story viewer tools that you can use online. Of these, we have chosen one such amazing tool — InstaNavigation (visit). Here’s how to use it to view Instagram stories without an account:
One of the best things about InstaNavigation is that you don’t just get to see Instagram stories anonymously. You can also download them, alongside being able to view and save Instagram posts as well as reels. Here’s how it works:
1. Head over to the official InstaNavigation website.
2. Then, in the search bar, type the username of the Instagram account that you want to view anonymously.
3. Next, click on the Search button to view that account’s stories, posts, reels, and highlights.
4. To download the desired post or reel, click to enlarge it. Then, scroll down to find the Download button and click on it. The download will start right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is indeed possible to view Instagram without an account. However, do note that this will reduce the number of things you can do on the platform significantly.
You can choose to not log in and just view Instagram as a non-user of the platform. Or, you can choose to go with third-party tools like InstaNavigation that provide you with anonymous Instagram viewing.
Yes, because Instagram is not just limited to your phone, but can also be used via your desktop, laptop, or mobile browser.
No, you can’t actually see who visits your profile or goes through it the most. However, you can see who views and likes your Instagram stories and posts.
The only method to view posts, stories, and reels of a private account is to send a follow request and see the contents of the account when they accept it. You cannot view private Instagram profiles without an account.