Of all the TikTok alternatives that I have tried, Instagram Reels has stood out for a number of reasons. Touted to have one of the largest communities of creators, Instagram’s short video-sharing platform is never short of amazing videos. However, when you use Instagram Reels, you will realize that there’s no official downloading option, which is a bit disappointing. But don’t worry, we’ve got your back with a reliable way to save Reels videos for offline watching!
Save Instagram Reels Videos on Android and iOS
Thanks to several third-party apps, it’s possible to save Reels clips to the photo library on iOS and Android devices. Video Downloader for Instagram (Free, available for Android) and InSaver for Instagram (Free, available for iOS) are my top picks as they make the process of saving Reels clips pretty straightforward.
Even better, they are available for free. Therefore, you don’t need to spend any bucks to save all the fun-loving clips that catch your eyes.
So, download the app on your respective iOS or Android device first up before getting started with steps!
- Download Instagram Reels Videos on iOS
- Download Instagram Reels Videos on Android
- Use the Built-in Screen Recorder to Save Your Favorite Instagram Reels
Download Instagram Reels Videos on iOS
- Once you have installed the InSaver app (requires iOS 11 or later) on your iPhone, launch it.
2. Now, open the Instagram app on your device and head over to the Reels video which you want to download. After that, tap on three dots and choose Copy Link in the menu.
3. Next, open InSaver app. The copied link will be automatically pasted. Next up, tap on Watch It and choose Options at the bottom right corner.
4. Up next, tap on Share and select Save Video.
That’s pretty much it! The Reels video has been downloaded to your iPhone camera roll. Now, you can watch it offline and even share it with your friends.
Download Instagram Reels Videos on Android
- After you have installed Video Downloader for Instagram on your Android device, open it.
Note: You can launch the Instagram app (provided it’s installed on your device and you are signed in to it) by tapping on the Instagram icon at the top right corner.
2. Now, launch the Instagram app and navigate to the Reels video which you want to download. Next, tap on the three dots and choose Copy Link in the menu that pops up.
3. Next up, open Video Downloader for Instagram and tap on the Paste button to download the video.
Use the Built-in Screen Recorder to Save Instagram Reels
Both iOS and Android come with a built-in screen recorder to let you record the screen of your device. You can use this super handy tool to record the screen while the Reels video is playing. And then use the video editing tools of the stock photos app to remove the unwanted parts. While this process is not straightforward, what makes it a safe bet is being a native tool. That means you don’t need to use a third-party app for saving clips on your device.
Download Instagram Reels on iOS and Android Device for Offline Watching
So, these are the quick ways you can download all of your favorite Reels videos on your Android or iOS device. Though it would be better had there been an official downloading option, third-party apps fill-up the void really well.
By the way, what’s your take on Reels, and what are the features that have caught your eyes in this all-new short-video sharing platform? We would be glad to have your valuable thoughts in the comments below.