If you take into consideration a variety of mobs, limited food, and contrasting Minecraft biomes, survival gameplay in a sandbox game like Minecraft isn’t an easy task. Due to limited supply and durability, you have to carefully budget your tools and weapons. Not to forget, each mob and each block might require you to use different equipment to defeat or break them. If it wasn’t for the best Minecraft potions and in-game enchantments, life in Minecraft would be a nightmare. Focusing on the latter, we will help you step into the world of enchantments in this guide. And the most basic thing you need to know is how to make an Enchanting Table in Minecraft.
Make and Use Enchanting Table in Minecraft (2022)
We will go over the crafting recipe for an Enchanting Table, along with how you can get the required ingredients. But it’s going to be a long journey. The tutorial works exactly the same way on both Minecraft Java and Bedrock editions. We have tested it on the new Minecraft 1.18 update, and it works without any issues. You can use the table below to jump between sections at your convenience.
What Do You Need to Make an Enchanting Table
To create an Enchanting table in Minecraft, you need the following items for the recipe:
- 2 Diamonds
- 4 Obsidian Blocks
- Crafting Table, to combine them all
We already have a guide for how to make a Crafting Table in Minecraft. You can use it to craft most in-game items, including an Enchanting table. Once you have created the Crafting Table, you can go on to find diamonds in Minecraft. Our linked guide will help you with the same. Meanwhile, let’s figure out how to obtain the remaining two items.
How to Get a Book in Minecraft
If you get lucky, you can find books in chests from villages, shipwrecks, and even strongholds. But its crafting recipe is definitely an easier route to reach books. Let’s see how.
1. First, you need to kill cows, mushrooms, horses, donkeys, mules, or llamas. All of them have high chances of dropping leather. Alternatively, you can also kill rabbits to collect rabbit hide. You can combine 4 rabbit hides to create leather when placed on the Crafting table, like so:
2. After leather, you need to collect paper. It can spawn in chests found in shipwrecks, strongholds, and villages. But if you can, we suggest you try looking for sugar cane, which is easy to find near water sources in the overworld. You can then make paper by placing three sugar canes next to each other on any row of the crafting area.
3. Finally, you need to combine 3 papers and leather to create a book. To do so, place paper in all cells of the first row of the crafting area. Then, place leather in the first column of the second row, just below the existing papers. This recipe in Minecraft will result in creating a book. We only need one book to make an Enchanting table in Minecraft.
How to Get Obsidian Blocks
Obtaining obsidian blocks requires some preparation. So make sure to keep this ingredient at the bottom of the list in terms of priority and collect the rest of the ingredients beforehand. You need four obsidian blocks to make an Enchanting table in Minecraft. With that said, let’s get started.
1. To begin, you need to prepare a bucket. It will be useful in creating obsidian blocks, as you will see later on. For crafting a bucket, you need to place 3 iron ingots in a v shape position in the crafting area (shown in the screenshot below).
2. Then, you need to prepare a diamond pickaxe. It’s the only tool you can use to mine an obsidian block in the game. To create it, you need to place 3 diamonds in the top row of a crafting area, along with 2 wooden sticks in the middle cells of the other two rows. You can then drag the diamond pickaxe into your inventory. It’s needed to get one of the most important items to make an Enchanting Table in Minecraft.
3. Now, with the bucket and diamond pickaxe ready, we have to find a source of lava and a source of water. Finding water is easier, so you can first look for a lava pool underground or above ground. If you are in one of the hot Minecraft biomes like a desert, lava is much easier to come across.
4. Finally, use your bucket to collect lava and take it to the water. You can do this with multiple buckets to save time. Once you reach the water source, drop the lava into it. Doing so will create a block of Obsidian, which you can then mine with your diamond pickaxe.
Recipe to Make Enchanting Table in Minecraft
Once you have all the required ingredients, making an Enchanting table is easy. To create it, you first need to place 3 obsidian blocks in the 3 cells at the bottom of the crafting area. Then, place another obsidian block in the middle cell of the center row. After that, place diamonds on either side of the obsidian block in the middle row.
Finally, place the book in the middle cell of the top row of the Crafting table. And well, there you have it. You have successfully crafted an enchanting table in Minecraft.
How to Use Enchanting Table in Minecraft
Once the Enchanting table is ready, you can right-click on it to activate it. You can put your tools and weapons into one slot and a lapis lazuli in its other slot. Doing so will unlock the list of available enchantments in Minecraft, which you can apply in exchange for your experience points.
Craft an Enchanting Table in Minecraft with Ease
With the recipe to make an Enchanting table in Minecraft, you are ready to upgrade all your tools and weapons in the game. Do keep in mind that you need lapis lazuli to make them work. You can use our Minecraft 1.18 ore distribution guide to find this ore with ease. An Enchanting table is a great way to upgrade your entire toolkit in the game. But if that still doesn’t feel enough, you can install Forge in Minecraft to install the best mods in the game. Coming back to the Enchanting table, if you know any of the best in-game enchantments, do share them with us in the comments below. We will test them out and share them with our readers.