While iOS 11 has brought a slew of new features, some of them have proven to be less popular than others. One such ‘feature’ is the inclusion of iMessage App icons at the bottom of the screen. Not everybody likes their screens cluttered with a whole bunch of icons, especially, if they are not going to be using those apps on a regular basis. Not only the make the messaging interface look more cluttered, they are also a reason behind many accidental messages. So in case you’re not exactly enamoured with all the icons at the bottom of your iMessage screens, here’s how you can get rid of them:
Hide App Icons at the Bottom of iMessage in iOS 11
- First off, open iMessage and tap on a conversation.
- Here, you’ll see a whole bunch of icons at the bottom of your screen. Swipe left on the bar until you reach all the way to the right, and then tap on the three dots for more options. On the resultant screen, tap on ‘Edit’ at the top-right corner, as shown in the image below.
- As you can see, there are a lot of apps under the ‘Favorites’ tab by default, and all these app icons are showing up on your iMessage screen. Just tap on the red button on the left of each app you’d like to remove from the list and then tap on “Remove from Favorites”.
- Now, tap on the toggles next to each of these apps to make sure they’re switched off (gray). As long as they’re switched on (green), they’ll continue to remain on the panel below. Once you’ve toggled off the switches of all the apps you deem unnecessary, just tap on ‘Done’ at the top-right corner.
- Finally, tap on ‘Done’ again on the next screen, and as you can see, you’ve gotten rid of all the extra icons on the bar below.
Note: This method won’t get rid of the App Store icon, nor will it get rid of the bar itself, but overall, you’ll have a much cleaner look on your iMessage screen.
SEE ALSO: 15 Cool iOS 11 Tricks You Should Know
Hide Unwanted App Icons in iMessage in iOS 11
iMessage is one of the most popular messaging apps out there, and most iPhone user swear by it. If you’re also an avid user of iMessage on your iPhone but hated the new clutter at the bottom, now you know how to get rid of it quickly, easily and effectively. Do give it a shot and let us know how it went, because we love hearing from you.