With bookmarks, you can quickly access specific web pages without having to browse or search for them. Instead of opening a browser and typing in a web page, a quick tap will direct you to the preferred web page. It not just saves your precious time but also speeds up your browsing experience. In terms of adding and managing bookmarks, Safari is pretty efficient (complete with a ton of cool extensions). Whether you have just switched to the Apple browser or haven’t yet unraveled this productivity-centric feature, let me show you how to add, edit, delete and organize Safari bookmarks on iPhone and iPad with the desired proficiency.
How to Bookmark on iPhone and iPad (2022)
Safari comes with a very capable bookmark manager so that you can edit, delete, and organize bookmarks with the needed control. Notably, the stock web browser also allows you to add website shortcuts on the iPhone’s home screen so that you can access your top picks right from the home screen. What’s more, you can sync your bookmarks across devices using the ever-reliable iCloud to ensure they are readily available everywhere.
How to Add a Bookmark in Safari on iPhone and iPad
Adding a bookmark in Safari is dead simple.
1. Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad. Then, head over to the web page that you wish to bookmark and tap on the share icon at the bottom.
2. Now, tap Add Bookmark in the share sheet.
3. Next, give a suitable name to the bookmark. After that, tap on Location and then choose the folder where you want to store the bookmark. Make sure to tap on Save at the top right corner of the screen to finish.
How to Favorite Safari Bookmarks on iPhone and iPad
For easier access, you can favorite important bookmarks. The favorited ones will appear right on the start page.
1. Launch Safari and navigate to the web page that you want to add to your favorite list. Then, tap on the share icon.
2. Now, tap Add to Favorites in the share sheet. Then, edit the details if needed and hit Save at the top right.
How to Access Safari Bookmarks on iPhone and iPad
Safari offers quick access to all of your saved bookmarks. Hence, you can navigate through them with ease and quickly access saved web pages.
1. Open Safari on your iOS or iPadOS device and then tap on the tiny bookmark icon (looks like an open book) at the bottom.
2. Now, you should see a long list of bookmarks. You can navigate through the bookmark folders to find the specific web pages and hit the one that you want to visit.
How to Add a Bookmark to Safari Reading List on iPhone and iPad
To read your favorite articles or stories with complete peace of mind, you can add a bookmark to Safari Reading List.
1. To do so, open Safari on your iPadOS/iOS device and tap on the bookmark icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Now, tap the bookmark that you want to add to the reading list -> share button at the bottom and choose the “Add to Reading List” option in the share sheet.
- To find all of your reading list items, head over Safari -> bookmark icon -> Reading List (looks like old-school glasses) tab at the top.
How to Organize Safari Bookmarks Using Folders on iPhone and iPad
You can perfectly organize your Safari bookmarks using folders. It will not only help you access specific web pages with ease but also keep the clutter away from Safari.
1. Open Safari on your device -> bookmark icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Now, tap the New Folder button at the bottom left corner of the screen. After that, give a name to your bookmark folder and hit Done.
- Alternately, you can also create a new Safari bookmark folder while adding bookmarks. Go to the web page you want to bookmark -> share icon -> Add Bookmark -> Location -> New Folder button at the bottom -> give a name to your folder and save it.
How to Sync Safari Bookmarks Across Devices Using iCloud
For a seamless experience across devices, you can sync your Safari bookmarks using iCloud.
1. Head over to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad. Then, tap your profile at the top center.
2. Now, tap iCloud. After that, scroll down to find Safari and then turn on the toggle next to it.
How to Add a Safari Website Shortcut to Your iPhone/iPad’s Home Screen
If you frequently visit a specific website, why not add the website shortcut right on the home screen of your iPhone. This nifty time-saving hack can also double up as a handy way to avoid installing certain apps.
1. On your iPhone/iPad, open Safari and then navigate to the site which shortcut you want to add to your home screen. After that, tap on the share icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Now, choose the “Add to Home Screen” in the share sheet. Add a suitable name to the shortcut and hit Add to finish.
How to Sync Safari Passwords Across Devices with iCloud Keychain
To be able to easily fill up login credentials, you should sync Safari passwords across devices with iCloud Keychain. For those unaware, iCloud Keychain allows you to keep your information like Safari usernames, passwords, Wi-Fi passwords, and credit card details up to date on any device you approve.
1. Navigate to the Settings app on your device -> Apple ID banner -> iCloud.
2. Now, tap on Keychain and then turn on the toggle next to iCloud Keychain.
From now onwards, Safari will ask you whether you want to save a password when you sign in to a site. Just hit Yes to save and sync your passwords across devices with iCloud Keychain.
How to Edit and Delete Safari Bookmarks on iPhone and iPad
Depending on your needs, you can edit bookmarks and also delete the ones that are no longer needed.
1. Launch Safari on your device and then tap the bookmark icon at the bottom.
2. Ensure that the bookmarks tab is selected. Then, tap Edit at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Reorder Your Safari Bookmarks
You can reorder Safari bookmarks so that they can appear in your preferred order. To do so, touch and hold the three tiny horizontal lines located next to a bookmark and then drag it to the desired spot. Be sure to tap on Done to finish.
Delete Safari Bookmarks
If you want to get rid of any bookmark, tap the red “-” button to the left of a specific bookmark and then hit Delete. In the end, make sure to tap Done to confirm the changes.
How to Edit Safari Favorites on iPhone and iPad
1. To get going, open Safari on your device and then go to the start page. Tap on Show All to reveal all of your favorites. Then, touch and hold the bookmark that you want to edit.
3. Now, tap on Edit in the popup menu. After that, change the name and location depending on your needs. Then, hit Save to finish.
How to Delete Safari Favorites on iPhone and iPad
Deleing any Safari favorites is just as painless.
1. On your iOS/iPadOS device, open Safari -> go to the start page -> tap Show All to access all favorites -> head over to the bookmark you want to delete.
2. Now, touch and hold the bookmark in question and hit Delete in the popup.
Add and Manage Safari Bookmarks With Ease on iPhone and iPad
So, that’s how you can add and manage Safari bookmarks on your iOS and iPadOS device. The native bookmark manager is up to the mark and works quite reliably. Thanks to the addition of several notable features including “Tab Groups” extensions, and the ability to hide IP address, Safari has vastly improved. Both in terms of security and feature-set, it stands out as a powerful web browser. What’s your take on the stock web browser and the improvements it has got?