There’s no denying that out of most RPG and Gacha games, Genshin Impact has one of the best roosters of characters. The game recently had one of the most significant version releases, i.e., Fontaine, in over a year, and the same introduced more characters that not only look sick but also have deep stories to tell in the lore. One of them that has taken the Genshin world by storm recently is Neuvillette, the Chief Justice of Fontaine. He will be playable in Genshin Impact 4.1 besides characters like Wriothesley and the Hydro Archon Furina coming in Genshin Impact 4.2. Hence in this article, let’s look at some of the best Neuvillette builds in Genshin Impact along with the weapons he wields.
Neuvillette has remained a fascinating character in the Fontaine saga since there are many mysteries around him and his relation to Fontaine. We later learned that he’s one of the seven sovereigns of Teyvat, i.e., the Hydro Dragon. Rather, he’s the reincarnated version of the Hydro Dragon and has no memories of it. Enough about the lore, let’s begin with the best builds for Neuvillette
Neuvillette Best Builds in Genshin Impact
The best build for Neuvillette is the Tome of the Eternal Flow combined with the 4-piece Maracheusse Hunter artifact set. Tome of the Eternal Flow takes care of Neuvillette’s Crit Damage requirements, whereas Maracheussee Hunter increases both his Normal and Charged Attack and Crit Rate, making it the best artifact set to build Neuvillette.
Although, much of Neuvillette’s damage from his talents and passives seems to come from HP scaling; hence, you shouldn’t be limited to using just the Maracheusse Hunter and Tome of Eternal Flow. As for the stats and sub-stats you should prioritize, we’ll look at the same later. Here are some of the best builds for Neuvillette:
- 4-piece Maracheusse Hunter (Great for stacking up Crit Damage and HP% since it takes care of Crit Rate)
- 4-piece Nymph’s Dream (Great if you have enough Crit values but need Hydro damage bonus)
- 4-piece Echoes of An Offering (Good for increasing Normal and Charged attack damage)
- 4-piece Heart of Depth (More Hydro damage)
|Artifact||Main / Sub-Stat|
|Flower||Flat HP / Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate > HP% > ER > ATK|
|Feather||Flat ATK / Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate > HP% > ER > ATK|
|Sands||HP% / Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate > ER > ATK > EM|
|Goblet||Hydro DMG Bonus / Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate > HP% > ER > ATK|
|Circlet||Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate / HP% > ER > ATK > EM|
Neuvillette Talents and Passives
To find out where most of Neuvillette’s damage comes from, let’s have a brief look at his Talents and Passives
- Normal Attack: A series of three waves dealing Hydro Attack damage
- Charged Attack: Unleashes a massive Hydro cannon that deals Hydro Damage in a straight line.
- Elemental Skill: Summons Waterfall to deal AoE Hydro damage to enemies summoning three Sourcewater Droplets for his charged attack. The Sourcewater Droplets are responsible for increasing its charged attack damage, decreasing its charging time, and healing Neuvillette.
- Elemental Burst: Unleashes a massive wave dealing Hydro damage in a large AoE, leaving six Sourcewater Droplets. He can pick those and unleash two simultaneous charged attacks.
- Passive-1 – Heir to the Ancient Sea’s Legacy: When a party member triggers a Vaporize, Frozen, Electro-Charged, Bloom, Hydro Swirl, or a Hydro Crystallize reaction on opponents, 1 stack of Past Draconic Glories will be granted to Neuvillete for 30s. Max 3 stacks. Will increase the DMG of Charged Attack: Equitable Judgment by 110%/130%/160%. Each Past Draconic Glories stack created by each Elemental Reaction exists independently.
- Passive-2 – The High Arbitrator’s Discipline: For each 1% of Neuvillete’s HP over 30%, he will gain a 0.6% Hydro DMG Bonus. A maximum of 30% can be obtained this way.
- Passive0-3 – Gather Like the Tide: All party members’ underwater Movement SPD will be increased by 15%.
Best Weapons for Neuvillette in Genshin Impact
There are lots of good Catalysts in the game but some of the best weapons for Neuvillette are the following:
- Tome of the Eternal Flow (Best Weapon for Neuvillette)
- Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds (Second-best. Takes care of Crit Rate)
- The Widsith (Excellent F2P 4* option. Covers Crit Damage)
- C1: Venerable Institution: When Neuvillette takes the field, he will obtain 1 stack of Past Draconic Glories from the Passive Talent “Heir to the Ancient Sea’s Authority.” Additionally, his interruption resistance is increased while using Charged Attacks.
- C2: Juridical Exhortation: His Passive Talent “Heir to the Ancient Sea’s Authority” will be enhanced: Each stack of Past Draconic Glories will increase the CRIT DMG of Charged Attack by 14%. The maximum increase that can be achieved this way is 42%.
- C3: Ancient Postulation: Increases the Level of Normal Attack: As Water Seeks Equilibrium by 3, bumping the maximum upgrade level to 15.
- C4: Crown of Commiseration: When Neuvillette is on the field and is healed, 1 Sourcewater Droplet will be generated. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.
- C5: Axiomatic Judgement: Increased the Level of O Tides, I Have Returned by 3, bumping the maximum upgrade level to 15.
- C6: Wrathful Recompense: When using a Charged Attack, Neuvillette can absorb nearby Sourcewater Droplets in an AoE. Each absorbed Droplet will increase the duration of the Charged Attack by 1s.
Additionally, when Equitable Judgment hits opponents, it will fire off 2 additional currents every 2s, each of which will deal 10% of Neuvillette’s Max HP as Hydro DMG. DMG dealt this way will count as DMG dealt by Equitable Judgment.
Let us know what you think about Neuvillette in the comments section below.