When doom-scrolling on social media, you would have probably come across folks posting photos and videos using a butterfly lens. That is probably why you are here, itching to learn how you can use this effect and beautify your posts. You can do it easily using Snapchat, and we are going to explain how to go about it in this guide. Moreover, unlike the slightly more complex Snapchat planets order and their meaning, it is way simpler to understand and use. So, without further ado, let’s look at how you can unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat.
1. Unlock the Butterflies Lens via the Snapchat Lens Store
There’s a dedicated store integrated within the Snapchat app itself, wherein you can try different filters and lenses to pull off some cool Snapchat tricks. In this store, you can also find the Butterflies lens. Here’s how:
- Open the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS device.
- You will find a search icon at the bottom center. Tap on this.
- It will redirect you to the Lens and Filter store. Here, type “Paper Butterflies“ in the search bar at the top.
- You will see the “Paper Butterflies” lens by user jp pirie here. Tap on this butterflies lens and capture a photo or video to unlock it on your Snapchat. Here, you will find other butterfly lenses as well.
- Now, you have unlocked the butterflies lens on Snapchat. It should now appear in the quick filters access panel.
- You can also mark it as Favourite, and it will now appear at the top of your Snapchat Lens and Filter store under the Favourites tab.
2. Unlock the Snapchat Butterflies Lens using Snapcode
If you don’t want to go through all that and want to quickly get to the filter, scan the Snapchat butterflies lens snapcode and unlock it. First, open your Snapchat camera, switch to the rear camera, and scan the snapcode shown below:
Once you do, you will see a Snapcode Detected message at the bottom of your screen. Tap on it to unlock the butterflies lens on Spanchat, and you can start using it right away.
3. Unlock the Snapchat Butterflies Lens from Someone’s Story
You can also get the butterflies lens on Snapchat from someone’s story or snap received in the conversation. The process is pretty much the same in either of these scenarios.
- If someone sends over a snap using this lens, you will see a “Try Lens” button right underneath. Tap on it, and you will be able to use the lens.
- Meanwhile, when you come across a story that has used this filter, you can tap on the filter icon at the top left corner of the story to try it. With this, you should be able to easily unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat from someone’s story.
So, that was pretty much it and the process to use the butterflies lens is straightforward. Now, if you have been facing other problems such as resetting your Snapchat password or trying to understand how to pin someone on Snapchat, we have dedicated guides for them all. You can check those guides too.